Seven Of Nine/Jeri Ryan Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Jetfire, Jul 16, 2011.

1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

JERI RYAN IS COMING TO MELBOURNE ON JUNE 23RD FOR OZTREK 8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

June of 2012??? I have to be there!!! :D

I need all of your good thoughts and vibes if I am to make it. :techman:

Plus I always wanted to visit Australia. ;)

3. teacake

You MUST come!!!!! I will take you out to dinner!!!! We shall drool together!!!!!!!

4. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:D I was thinking about Jeri when you mentioned your Kate Mulgrew experience...it would be a dream come true to see Jeri Ryan. :Where is the emote for going supernova?:

5. teacake

I know! And she isn't on the convention circuit like a lot of them. I will not be buying a VIP ticket this time but I will be going and getting a photo, autograph etc.. I'm very very pleased. You should all come, it's winter hear so airline tickets will be cheaper!!

6. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

OMG! It would be like a dream come true seeing and meeting Jeri. :D I will stop before I start sounding like a freak...I am probably too late. :sigh:

7. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe have a TBBS meet up converging on Melbourne Australia next year. I too would love to meet Jeri Ryan. Would probably be one of the most awesome moments in my life. :D

8. teacake

Simplist I loved your entire post but I think this line is worth repeating! So true, explored the boundaries of humanity and how we react to them, so many great themes.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Ugh...I was looking at a flight from Richmond VA to Melbourne AU...via United and it is First class/round trip...22K!($22,220.60) That cannot be right? It is from the 19th-26th of June 2012.

10. teacake

That's not right, it must be first class or business you are looking at. It is a crapload more from the east coast but at least June is (I assume) the low season. It's usually 1200-2200 from LA so if you can get there with your cheapest deal.. Oh you did say first class, well forget that go the cheapest!

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

But I want to fly first class. :p Even if it was less like $2500...I still cannot afford it...I need a miracle...or something. :sigh:

[edit] Economy is $2120.60 So way cheaper. :lol:

12. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

For the price of air fair to Oz, if you instead donated that money to a charity of her choice, in exchange you could probably have dinner with her and her husband at a fancy restaurant or some other equally INNOCENT activity.

There's a "contact her agent" tab at IMDB PRO (or below), and there is a greasemonkey end around that lets you use IMB pro free, or just take advantage of the 14 day free trial.

http://www.imdb.com/r/nm_ovrview_contact/name/nm0005394/agent

Could one of you please ask her to apologise for Dracula 2000?

13. simplist

simplist Cadet Newbie

I dont know if she would get bored with a Star Trek theme, but if she would not, you have enough time to actually give her exquisite gifts. For example, you could make models of Borg technology on Voyager (using anything from cardboard to wood to LEGO to 3D printers :) ).
    Nanoprobe tubes (shooting out from the back of 7's palm)
    Dilithium and Trilithium crystals.
    Tricorder

Someone really motivated could make a tricorder shaped cellphone or some such gadget with a "We love 7of9" message.
    Maybe an alarm clock that she can use which is totally fan-made and 7of9-themed.
    Her husband is a French cook so maybe something based on Ratatouille or Pink Panther (though you must first confirm whether she likes those movies).
    Or you could simply make a light bulb covered with a coloured map so that when lit, it projects the Astrometrics Lab screen on a wall :)

I mean there is literally no limit to the awesome gifts you can give her or the any other Star Trek crew / cast member, if you have the time and if you are motivated enough or have access to resources.
    Dont go it alone, get another fanboy buddy bcoz then it will be awesomely fun.

Edit:
    In her interview, she also said she loves dissections and studying the interiors of the human body. So you could give her a lava lamp with ...ahem... organic colours ;)
    Or a gelatinous plastic model of some alien lifeform like species 8764 to analyse at her leisure. And you could hide surprise messages inside its body organs so that she would have great fun dissecting 8764.
    I know fans generally never go to this length, but if you have a SF group around you and you have a mindset to tinker with things, this will be a fun thing to do.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  14. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Can't there be some sort of Trekkie Make-A-Wish thing for poor fans where I could meet the woman I adore? :adore: :D

15. teacake

I would not give her a Voyager gift. When I went to the Kate Mulgrew con a few people gave her Australian souvenirs. I would pick something like that, only really classy. The Trek stars really light up if you ask them about something they did or are planning to do OTHER than Star Trek.

First Class is a rip off Jetfire! These huge jumbos crossing the Pacific are very comfortable anyway.

Also.. lottery tickets? Become an ebay mogul? Horribly irresponsible credit card misuse?

16. antiquityscion

antiquityscion Commander

What?!!

So does that mean my Jackalope painting is out?

[​IMG]

17. teacake

Antiquityscion good news! Your painting has just edged itself over into hipster-dom. It is now an acceptable (and ironic!) gift.

18. david g

david g Commodore Commodore

One of Trek's best characters, Seven of Nine was wonderfully well-played by Jeri Ryan. Kudos to both!

19. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Is now that right time for me to mention to the Virginia resident that Jeri Ryan was in Parsippany New Jersery for a con LAST August? :evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMV-YY3lEUo

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMV-YY3lEUo[/yt]

20. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

@JanewayRulz!

I wouldn't have been able to go anyway. :(