Hydrogen Cars Are Finally Here!!!!!!!!!! In The UK At Least.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by All Seeing Eye, Jun 16, 2009.

1. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

More info can be found here: LINK

This is just awesome stuff! I want one! :D and we're only 1 single year away from deployment.

2. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

The greatest stepping stone from polluting cars to hydrogen and nobody is bothered.
    This is not just an unveiling and never again seen hydrogen car, this car in the next 3 years will be out on the road! by 2013 Hydrogen filling stations will be in cities across the UK!

3. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I wished they'd make the hydrogen car more of a possibility here.

I think the only hydrogen station is in L.A.

If they'd make more stations available, it would do wonders for both the environment and the economy.

4. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Can't wait to see the death toll from that.

5. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Must be nice to live in such a small country that a 322km range will be sufficient.

6. All Seeing Eye

All Seeing Eye Admiral

The UK is 874 miles (1,407km) tip to tip. 322km aint sufficient for everyone, certainly not sufficient for me to reach london or the south coast, or wales or northern Scotland. If I want to go away for the day to the coast if I want to go anywhere other than Blackpool I wont have enough fuel. But the car is still fantastic for driving into town and back.

7. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

Er, this could basically be a description of an internal combustion engine, you know. Just with different terminology.

8. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

I'm more interested to see the death toll from a car that can only barely make 50 MPH. Jesus christ, you'd be eaten alive.:lol:

9. Plecostomus

Plecostomus Commodore

Yeah because for the love of little apples if you drive less 60mph at all times especially when conditions deem otherwise... you are NOT A MAN because your penis atrophied and fallen off due to the lack of raw horsepower, torque and sheer mind blowing SPEED. :rolleyes:

10. nevermore

nevermore Admiral Admiral

No, because significant differences in speed from the rest of traffic causes accidents from people having to get around them and slamming on the brakes. A car going 50 in a 70 zone might as well be parked.

11. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

Where was the reference to manliness and penis size made?

Driving on a major highway such as I95, 80, 78, doing only 50mph when the rest of the mostly truck traffic is cruising between 75-80mph is dangerous.

12. Mutai Sho-Rin

Mutai Sho-Rin Crusty Old Bastard Moderator

The hydrogen powered car is a total sham. By the time the H2 is delivered to the car, it retains only 8% of the energy, namely electricity, used to extract it from the air. With the separation, compression, refrigeration, transportation and storage losses and costs, it isn't practical until it can be made directly in the petrol station with next to no cost electricity. The fact that George W. Bush was fooled by the scam should be proof enough.