What if "Living Witness" happened?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Lighthammer, May 3, 2012.

1. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm rewatching the episode "Living Witness" and I just had a very interesting thought that.

What if the events, as depicted by the Kyrians really did happen, except in a Mirror Universe?

It would be interesting to revisit the episode, and do a mirror universe version of it and explain how, by some random accident, the Doctor's backup module was shifted to a Mirror Universe.

It would be interesting to see what would happen when / if the Doctor returns home only to find a very different world then he could imagine. Moreover, it would be even more interesting if the Kyrians eventually met the Federation of their universe and pull a WTF when they encounter a very mean Federation.

Thoughts?

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If?

If?

That was a mirror universe story with a mirror universe doctor who was caught dead to rights about being a war-criminal who deserved capital execution, but in some hair brained fantastic fashion 'invented" the notion of a benevolent Starship on a mission of peace who some how became misunderstood by history to save his own ass.

There is categorically no other interpretation of the events from that episode a sane person could arrive at.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's an infinite multiverse. Those events must have happened in at least one.

LW can't have happened in the "regular" Mirror Universe (since there is no Imperial Starfleet by the 24th century, there can't be an ISS Voyager) but in an alternate one, sure.

4. Guy Gardener

Regular shemgular.

5. Violet.Phoenix

Violet.Phoenix Commander Red Shirt

It's definitely a plausible conclusion that these events did happen in some sort of parallel reality, because those sort of events would take some crazy misinterpretations and exaggeration to be based on events that happened with the Voyager we all know and love.

It would be interesting to find out if there was some sort of spatial anamoly that transported the Doctor's back-up module to this parallel reality, and that what he is saying about the Voyager is actually true, only not in that reality.

What I would really, really love to see is a face-off between the two Janeways. Can you imagine those two trying to fight it out?

6. Guy Gardener

"Are you as turned on by this as I am?"

"NO!"

7. Violet.Phoenix

The two Janeways would be more likely to argue it out than resort to that form of conversation. Even with Living Witness Janeway being the sort of dominating figure that she is.

8. Guy Gardener

80 percent of the females in the mirror universe are gay or gay adjacent.

Don't you watch DS9?

9. Violet.Phoenix

I do , but not as much as Voyager. If that's the case, then it seems more likely that Janeway would go after 7 than herself. Prime universe Janeway doesn't come across as that much of a narcissist.

10. Guy Gardener

Evil Mirror sexually unrepressed Janeway would have gone after every female, male and interesting shaped or surfaced object on her ship she felt drawn too already. Goodygood doppelgängers of past conquests and already tamed peaks and territories seems like a waste of time for such an avid explorer...

Janeway would be the only person Janeway hadn't made a play for.

"Kathryn, look it's really simple, you can put this teddy on and snuggle or I'll stick you back in that agony booth for another week, and by then you'll be so broken inside that I'd most likely space you or see if Kim has any use for whatever survived."

11. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

12. Lighthammer

The only problem with theory, T'Girl, is that as others have pointed out, this is certainly not the "prime mirror" universe. It would have to be another one for it to remotely work.

That being said, its nice to see two minds thinking alike on this one lol.

13. Guy Gardener

"Prime"?

We don't know how or why universes diverge, if they actually never diverged and were just created in parallel.

14. Lighthammer

One would assume the typical sciencey answer applies.

As for "Prime", at least in my case, I use it to differentiate the universe in which the bulk of the stories takes place.

Likewise for "Prime Mirror".

I realize this isn't scientifically accurate, but it works well enough for the purposes of discussion.

15. Guy Gardener

Sacey wacey?