2014 MLB Season: How Many Pitchers Will Die For Our Sins?

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Now the Yankees move into "WTF are we going to do next year" mode...

A-Roid... who the hell is gonna play SS and 2nd? We have one of the best fielding SS in the game, but the dude can't frellin hit!!

Will Ichiro stay or leave?

Will they stay with Robertson or let Betances assume the closer?

It appears they will have lots of options for a starting rotation. (fingers crossed they made the right call with Tanaka). Macarthy and Greene did pretty darn well, we'll be getting CC back and Pena worked a sub 2 ERA. (once he got rid of the pine tar)

I just hate that I need to start thinking about A-Roid once again. I wish the Yankees whould just cut him, but 60 million will be too big a pill to swallow - even for the Yankees.

The only 300 hitter for the Yankees was..... any guesses? ..... Cervelli.... eeesh...

This team just couldn't score runs... they scored more with the patchwork bunch they put out there in 2013.

Break...

I just LOVE play-off baseball. Of course I'd rather the Yankees would be in, but I'm in regardless.

I'll be rooting for the Bucs and pulling for the Orioles.

2. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I think Ryan has had some good spots, and now he's just been trying to clean up after Bill Smith's big turd he took. But yeah, back when he "retired" he probably should've stayed there. And someone else should've replaced Smith. Ugh, baseball politics.

3. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Former shitty catcher, started working in the Diamondbacks' front office after he retired, then was named to replace Bob Melvin as their manager despite having no coaching experience whatsoever. He completely imploded and had players revolt on him multiple times, and was fired after a season and a half (and afterwards he admitted that he didn't know how to handle a locker room). He went back to scouting work after that.

So the Astros choosing him to be their new manager is just hilarious.

Imagine that, years of dumpster diving and raiding the farm results in an old, shitty team. :lol:

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

A's-Royals tonight, with our star rental Jon Lester on the mound. I feel the A's can win this one. Melvin brought a lot of hitters, so there is a lot of positive potential pinch hitting matchups. This will be a big momentum game, if they can score on Shields, it will bode well for the Halos series.

5. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry to see Gardenhire go, but after 4 straight 90+ loss seasons, it was no surprise. Not that I blame him entirely for the poor performance of the Twins- there have been plenty of missteps by the front office.

I'll be rooting for the Royals. As much as I appreciate Target Field, Kauffman Stadium is still my favorite place to see a game.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  6. Yanks

True.

They have a chance to get younger... we'll see what happens.

7. Yanks

Shields has allowed five runs in 14 innings in two starts vs. Oakland, getting a win and a no-decision. He is 6-4 with a 3.82 ERA in 15 career starts vs. the A's.

Royals won five of the seven meetings this season, taking two of three in Oakland and three of four in Kansas City in a pair of August meetings.

It's always hard to bet against Lester in a big game, but the Royals won't be intimidated.

8. Ultima Thule

Ultima Thule Ensign Red Shirt

As much as I hate the angels, a freeway series could be fun.

9. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I'd like to see the Royals get in.

And yes a Freeway Series would be awesome.

:techman:

10. Jedi_Master

But can the Royals score on Lester? I see the final as 2-1 or 2-0 A's. Should be a short game.

11. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

Right, that's the thing, their offense is just so woefully underpowered. Once you get past Gordon, you've got a whole bunch of dudes OPSing around .700 or below -- and I'm sure the A's won't be afraid to bring in someone like Samardzija in a relief situation if they feel the need.

12. Jedi_Master

They actually have Hammel and Pomeranz for long relief situations, but every game is do or die for the Aaron's Rent-a-Center A's so the Shark could show up.

So it's 2-1 in the first inning, hahah

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  13. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

This game is crazy!!

Extra innings. Great fun!

:techman:

Burn through those pitchers!!!

14. Jedi_Master

I hate this game. Derrick Norris couldnt throw out a man with one leg.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Royals win!!

16. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Yeah, nice come back. Win in 12, lets go Royals!!!!

17. Jedi_Master

Well that's that. I am pretty depressed. If not for the new board rules I would unleash. This was supposed to be our year. God. Now we will lose half our dang team and we gave up a lot of young talent for the chance to lose. :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:
    How can we allow SEVEN :censored: steals! How?!?!?
    Crap. Well I am going to bed. Go whoever wins the World Series.

18. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

Sad to see Adam Dunn not even get an at bat, for years he was the only guy worth watching on some putrid Reds teams.

19. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Jeez, it was 7-3 in the late innings last I checked. Not sure what happened after the Lester trade, but the A's just fell apart...

20. Yanks

Who'd a thunk that losing Yoenis Cespedes would have such an impact on this team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.