First glimpse of new TARDIS control room!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Chris3123, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

I miss the uppy downy Rotor and don't want the magic roundabout to be the notice that "we're time traveling now". Since it's on the ceiling the camera will have to pan up or have a quick shot of it. The moving Rotor in the background is central and less emphasis needs to be placed on it. Doesn't look like the new one moves but we'll know more in the new year.

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, instead of the usual twelve.

3. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The central crystal section moves, since we see it retract up into the top of the rotor in the episode.

4. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Although he didn't really do any actual time travel in this episode, just place to place travel - so maybe it only does more uppy downy stuff when he's actually time traveling

5. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

It seems to be about the same size, except the layout is different (the console being closer to the outer doors instead of the inner one and no longer showing the empty--and hardly ever used--area underneath the console).

6. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It does seem the same size, but there is decidedly less open floorspace - they are using more of the space they have, but for balconies and whatever's on the lower level.

The 11.1 set could fit the actual police box prop in with ease; I'm pretty sure this one can as well, but with less elbow room around it (the smaller set from "Logopolis" et.al. were big enough to house a police box as well). The 9/10 set could hold a whole other console room in it, albeit a very small one that was only marginally larger than a poice box; the 9/10 set has barely enough level floor space anyway as the space around the central dias isn't really meant for people walking around.

The 11.2 set has both upper and lower levels, and I'm hoping that the lower level has some fun stuff we haven't seen yet in a console room. We got to know the 11.1 set fairly well, albeit mostly from the same angles; now that this set can have much more dynamic shots, I'm hopign they will use its strengths to show us much more of it.

Mark