New FREE Star Trek TOS game now available!

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by GambitRealm, Aug 23, 2010.

1. GambitRealm

GambitRealm Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'll look into it... As I said it's just an area that we never worked on, other than getting sound and music actually working in the game :)

I believe the music and sound are on different channels in the game, and that there are a few examples of working options screens in the various Torque 3D community threads on their site... So in theory we should be able to have independant volume controls. Like I said, I will take a look and post back here in a week or two if I have any luck.

Cheers
    P

2. werdegast

werdegast Lieutenant Red Shirt

Yes, I was wondering about stand-alone deck plans.

3. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Thanks.

4. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Excellent work Paul! I think this is the first time we've gotten a complete 3d ship and I've spent several hours walking around. I took a turbo lift to the lowest deck, then explored each deck going all the way to the bridge by stair.

How many rooms are empty? I ask because on one walkthrough, the gym equipment wasn't there (nor were the game and piano in the secondary hull rec room) so now I'm wondering if some of the empty storage rooms have shelves or boxes or something?

The wood boxes texture is a bit jarring, I can probably whip something up a little more futuristic looking if you can give me some info on format, resolution, etc. I also have some basic modeling skills (very basic) but I might also be able to create some basic shapes to populate some of the storage rooms.

Anyway, despite any issues or limitations, it has been a blast being able to explore the ship and get a sense of it's size.