Agents of SHIELD. Season 1 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Trekker4747, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know we can say all. When Agent Coulson assumed command of The Hub after Agent Hand's death he gave the dispersal order and I assume it included go underground until recalled. A presumed dead Director Fury found a aircrew from somewhere after all.

2. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Yeah, I think there are more SHIELD units or individuals out there, either working on their own like Coulson's team or just laying low and waiting for a chance to do something. And, as you say, Fury had a team with him.

3. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Fury not only had an aircrew but also, in his own words, "a full med-team" working on Fitz. The man still has resources.

4. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

I was thinking about that. He claimed that can count the number of people he trusts on one hand and possibly cut off fingers. So what about the people he has to ferry him around and assist in his personal HYDRA hunt? Are they chopped liver to him?

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Fury can use people without trusting them. Indeed, that would pretty much go with the territory for intelligence work.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I wouldn't be surprised if they were more mercenary types, rather than people who were working for Fury out of any kind of loyalty.

7. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

He'd have to trust the medical guys to some extent.

Maybe not to work on him, though.

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Actually, there was a medical team looking after him in TWS. I'd just assumed that it was the same people to whom he entrusted Fitz.

9. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That, or other people who had been specifically recommended to Fury by his own med-team. Mobilizing them for Fitz's specific problems of the moment would have been tricky, though, in the latter instance. (Not impossible. Just difficult.)

10. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Yes, and it was the same doctor that was operating on him when he "died" that was treating him later in the movie.

11. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I know it's been over a year since the season ended, but I stumbled across a VFX reel for several scenes from the first season.

https://vimeo.com/96747286

12. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

It could work like he trusts Coulson, and trusts the people he recruits under him. The medical team working on him could have been picked out by Hill, which was why he trusted them to operate on him.

13. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Wow, I didn't even realise some of those were visual effects at all (which is often the best kind.) I had no idea that the Bus exterior was 100% CG. I just assumed that they had built a partial mock-up of the rear fuslage and just extended it digitally, where really it looks like all they use is a plywood ramp and comp *everything* in later.