Lucky deal!!!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Mage, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

About two weeks ago, spotted something cool on Marktplaats, like a Dutch Ebay. Someone was selling 27 Trek novels, and I made a bid.

Long story short, for the total sum of 16,75 euro, I got novels like Dark Mirror, Ashes Of Eden, Vulcan's Forge, The Return, Avenger, Warped, Spectre, the 4 Dominion War novels, both Badlands novels, 4 Day Of Honour novels, Avenger, Dark Victory and a few others.

Coffee's done, I'm crashing on the couch and not leaving for the entire evening. :D

2. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Cool. Dark Mirror & The Return are awesome. Warped...was pretty out there.

3. rfmcdpei

rfmcdpei Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I quite liked Warped myself. Jeter is a good writer, and his dark take on DS9 was fun.

4. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

Didn't say it was bad, just that it didn't feel like it was written for the trek universe.

I loved the sense of creeping tension throughout

5. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

27 booksshould keep you busy for awhile Mage:)

6. Mage

I already figured not all the novels would be classics, but it's just nice to have some extra TrekLit for such a steal.

7. Patrick O'Brien

I took some inspiration from you yesterday Mage and bought a few used trek books while at the bookstore. I picked up "The Final Reflection" by John M. Ford and "Enterprise the First Adventure" by Vonda N. McIntrye.

8. Mage

I've heard that The Final Reflection is very good, I should try and find it myself.

I finished Dark Mirror. It was certainly fun, but not the great novel some say it is. Atleast, not to me. Right now I'm in Ashes Of Eden.

9. Mage

Pleasently surprised with Ashes Of Eden. I had thought I wouldn't like Shatner's writing, but it was actually quite nice. Now reading The Return.

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Well, it's Shatner's and Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens's writing, to be precise.

11. Mage

Good point, ofcourse. I do wonder how Shatner would do on his own then.

12. Patrick O'Brien

Have you or Chris read "Enterprise" by Vonda N. McIntrye? I thought I would start reading it today. I tried to look it up in my "Voyages of Imagination" book, but she declined to be interviewed sadly.

13. zarkon

zarkon Captain Captain

The First Adventure? It's a good book - for me, infinitely preferable to The Entropy Effect. The central concept is really cool.

I think kirk probably takes too much abuse for what were for me reasonable positions about the circus, although it has been a bit a while so its a bit hazy.

14. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

.:techman:Some of the Shaterner books are quite good.Warped isn't one of the better ds9 novels.The rest of the books you won sound like quite a bargain.