The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I do just want to say that despite all the distribution woes, this year has given me my perfect 3 3/4 inch Vader, and for that I am grateful. It's also given me the "awesome figure I never knew I desperately needed" in the form of Malgus. The more I look at him the more I love him. What the heck is up with that cloak, though? There's just no saving that thing. Thankfully I can't ever see myself wanting to use that look for him, so I'm not too broken up.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Wait until you get your hands on Starkiller from the Tarkin wave! He's not a Sith per se, but he's incredible.

3. OdoWanKenobi

I don't know why it is, but the Sith figures tend to be some of the most freaking awesome in the whole line.

4. cooleddie74

Next year we should be getting a pretty amazing update of Count Dooku. We've gotten just one new Dooku sculpt in the last four years and that was in those disappointing Target-exclusive Geonosis Arena 2-packs. Collectors need a definitive Dooku/Darth Tyranus after all these years.

5. OdoWanKenobi

I thought that both the Episode 3 and Evolutions versions of Dooku were pretty darn good.

6. cooleddie74

Oh, I agree that they're both great. The best so far! But since we never got a definitive version of Dooku in the 2010-12 Vintage Collection line(which still mystifies me...what was Hasbro thinking not making one?) I'd love to see a really awesome update that tops even those two figures.

7. OdoWanKenobi

Dooku seems to get forgotten a lot. He's easily the biggest name character still missing from Sideshow's Star Wars line, too.

As far as Star Wars figures go, I'm strictly OT and EU these days. I've finally gotten over the prequels and realized just how little I like them. Oh, I'm still keeping all of my cool PT figures, but I really don't see myself buying any more.

8. cooleddie74

9. OdoWanKenobi

I'm talking about their 1/6 scale figures. I know about the PF. That's a large scale statue line, though.

10. cooleddie74

Ah, okay. Just wanted to provide that link in case you were unaware of that Dooku figure. He's pretty awesome.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That Dooku looks incredible. Speaking of Starkiller, is there a Juno Eclipse figure available? I think I've only seen busts or statues of her before.

12. OdoWanKenobi

I'm almost certain that Hasbro made a Juno in the 3 3/4 inch line back when Force Unleashed first came out.

Yup, here we go.

13. cooleddie74

14. OdoWanKenobi

Tell me about it. I think the battle damaged Vader was the only figure from that wave I ever laid eyes on.

15. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow. I'm really out of the loop. LOL. Thanks Guys. Looks like Big Bad doesn't have her for sale though.

16. cooleddie74

I never saw any of that final wave of TAC in stores. Not a one. I didn't see my first Battle Damaged Vader until a couple of years ago and that was at my friend's local toy shop.

17. OdoWanKenobi

I technically never saw it in stores either. A friend of mine that lives about an hour and a half away saw one, thought it was cool, knew I collected Star Wars, and bought it as a gift for me. He had no idea how hard it was to find for me. I was elated. He even said "Oh man, I'm glad you like it. I was afraid you would think it was dumb." :techman:

18. cooleddie74

The final waves of all recent SW figure lines have been a pain in the ass. The last wave of Vintage is strictly an online exclusive(and overpriced if you ask me) and the concluding figures of the 2009-10 Legacy Collection(Jaina and Jacen, et. al.) were almost impossible to track down because they were Toys 'R' Us exclusives.

19. cooleddie74

20. OdoWanKenobi

Oh, I know! That thing is sooooo drool worthy. I wish I was a billionaire so I could buy all the amazing Premium Formats!

I can't remember. Did anyone post Hot Toys Hulk?

:drool: