a different top 25 list

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by stj, Nov 9, 2013.

1. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You don't often see movie/tv music top tens (or twenty five as in this case.)

There is the usual unspoken limitation to the last ten years or so. (Because everything is aimed at 18-29 year olds?) There is also an unwholesome attachment to Hans Zimmer in headbanging mode, which is probably why they didn't dare include any John Williams. Also, I suspect someone here is related to/dating someone associated with Methodic Doubt.

Nonetheless as these go this is a pretty interesting list. Here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PSa77w6ro3g

2. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, a lot of that list is just one person's taste. You can't make a credible top movie score list without including Ennio Morricone, & his vast contributions to the very fabric of modern movie scoring

3. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

That's a pretty idiosyncratic list, even if you accept the unsaid parameters of only choosing music from titles made after 2000. Perhaps if it had a bit of commentary, it would be worth engaging with, but there didn't seem to be any in what little I watched.

4. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Idiosyncratic is why it's interesting.

Yes, Morricone is a film great. Nothing by Dmitri Tiomkin, Erich Korngold, Elmer Bernstein, Bernard Herrman, or even John Barry either. I wasn't kidding about how it seemed pretty much limited to the last ten years.

Are any top # of... lists truly credible?

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It might be interesting if it had a bit of explanation or commentary. But, as it stands, it's just a compilation of 25 music tracks from movies (and a television series) made in the past 10 years or so. And while that's great, next, please.