New DS9 Relaunch Novels?

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Galahad, May 15, 2010.

1. Galahad

Galahad Ensign Red Shirt

Other that the Typhon Pact book by David R. George III will we see anymore DS9 relaunch stories in 2011?

(Just finished Soul Key last night and am impatiently awaiting the next story arc).

2. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nothing has been announced yet for DS9 beyond DRG III's Typhon Pact novel .

3. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll pass on this until I see some reviews and see it's not another snoozefest like the last few DS9 books.

4. Technobuilder

Technobuilder Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

One of the best series, but much of the momentum was lost. It's a shame really.

I'm hoping that it gets back into the groove, especially as I'm eagerly awaiting DRGIII's next turn at bat.

5. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

there wont be a new ds9 novel. or any other series specific novel for that matter. at least not until 2012-2013. they'll keep making tie in novels like destiny.

6. Defcon

:cardie: Somebody better inform Peter David (New Frontier), David A. McIntee(TNG), Steven Mollmann & Michael Schuster (TOS), Michael A. Martin (Enterprise), Dayton Ward, Kevin Dilmore, David Mack and Marco Palmieri (Vanguard) of this deveolpment, they all think they'll be writing series specific novels for 2011.

7. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Well, mine's mostly TNG but won't have "The Next Generation" on the cover - but then, neither did any of the four TNG movies...

8. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, we've got not only Sisko and who knows what else in "The Rough Beasts of Empire", but Bashir and Dax in "Zero Sum Game" and Shar in "Paths of Disharmony". So three out of the four "Typhon Pact" books have at least some claim to DS9 status on some level. I'm sure that will keep us going. Although I too am eager for a continuation of the DS9 books. :) Oh well, 2011 looks great as it is, and we can't have everything. Maybe in 2012.

9. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

alright you got me there. let me rephrase, ds9-tng-voy novels are being "tied in".

10. Defcon

Sorry, forgot Kirsten Beyer (Voyager) in the list above. :p

Yeah, my brain must have misfired there, probably was making the connection Geordi-heavy = TNG. :alienblush:

11. Dayton Ward

Dayton Ward Word Pusher Rear Admiral

Well, Paths of Disharmony is pretty much a TNG tale, though Shar appears in a "guest starring" role.

12. Galahad

Galahad Ensign Red Shirt

I hate to say it but I think I have to agree with you. I was out of the country 2008-2009 and read the Destiny trilogy overseas. After that my trek reading obsession more or less disappeared.

I came back to read Soul Key and found myself lost at points, but thought it was due to my 2 year hiatus from the series. On the other hand, as you said the momentum I felt in the Mission Gamma series wasn't there anymore.

It's almost as if S.D. Perry needs to come back and launch "season 9". That is, of course, unless DRGIII doesn't do it in his upcoming novel...here's hoping
    :shrug:

13. Deranged Nasat

Deranged Nasat Vice Admiral Admiral

I suspected as much, but however limited his role is, it's still a fix of DS9 to keep me going! :) And I'm looking forward to follow-up on Andor.

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

No, I'd pretty much call it that, and it is definitely more TNG than TOS or DS9, despite Scotty and Nog being in it.

It just won't have those three words on the cover.

15. flemm

flemm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Agreed. I'm looking forward to Rough Beasts of Empire especially, and I hope there will be a follow-up shortly thereafter.

I'm not too optimistic that we'll get to see all the loose ends from the original DS9-R tied up, but hopefully we'll get some more stories involving Kira, Odo, Vaughn, Quark and Co. post-Destiny.

16. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Don't forget Ro! :techman:

17. flemm

flemm Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes, my list was not intended to be comprehensive, Ro as well ;)

And of course Sisko, but that at least seems to be covered in Rough Beasts.

18. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I read the description for Rough Beasts and it mentioned him fighting against the Borg. Did that happen in Destiny? I have those books but haven't read them yet.

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well... during Destiny. The only DS9 characters in Destiny are Ezri, Sam Bowers, Mikaela Leishman, Simon Tarses, and at least a cameo by a recurring guest character.

20. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's another ENT novel coming? What's it called?