Star Trek III - The [Speculation Begins] (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Admiral Buzzkill, May 23, 2013.

1. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

He'll certainly be working post-production on one while filming the other. That'll be crazy.

2. JWD75

JWD75 Commander Red Shirt

I believe that the writers have stated that the seeds for the third movie were laid down in STID. So it's probable that the next movie will involve war with the Klingons.:thumbdown: I also have a bad feeling that there will be a Pon Farr subplot for Spock.:barf:

3. Opus

Opus Commodore Commodore

I hope the next Trek movie villain is Harlen Ellison.

4. Yeoman Basha

Yeoman Basha Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Not long ago, I spent a pleasant afternoon sifting through the archives here and also at ONTD_startrek, and it's amazing how much wrong information and bad rumors were floating around in the years leading up to both JJ Trek films. But having said that...

This fits with my impressions -- I do believe the main plot points of the sequel were at least hinted at in STID. War with the Klingons. Carol Marcus. NuDavid is on the way. Maybe even the return of Khan and/or a plot about the lingering affects of Khan's blood on Kirk. And while I don't really see any "seeds" for Ponn Farr, that's a definite possibility too, IMO.

As for JJ, as much as I'd love for him to direct the sequel, factor in pre-production and post-production on both films and he would effectively be directing two movies at the same time. That's nuts.

5. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

I kinda liked the idea of Spock's rage-out towards the end of STID being related to Pon Farr, but I think the ongoing comic pretty much destroys that idea.

6. Yeoman Basha

I know people say the comics are supposedly canon, but I don't take them seriously. I think if the TPTB really want to do a particular storyline, they will, regardless of what's in the comics.

But now that I think about it...we've seen Spock have some kind of a major emotional meltdown for two films in a row now. It would be nice to have at least one movie where Spock doesn't go into some kind of rage. Sure, it's important to see glimpses of his emotions now and then, but if the character keeps having these big emotional outbursts in film after film after film, then he stops being Spock. He'll just be a human with pointy ears and a bad haircut.

7. Kpnuts

Kpnuts Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I love how "Geneo" disappeared the instant someone told him/her that George Takei is gay.

He's probably crying into his pillow now that he's found out his favourite character has "the gay".

No one tell him Quinto is gay, he might not be able to take it...

8. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

I don't see pon farr in a film. pon farr seems to be more suitable for a TV episode.

JJ's films are very fast paced, there is just so much going on.

In a 2 hours film like STiD, ST09 or ST 2016. I doubt there can be a subplot for Spock going into rage mode because he needs sex.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Unless Star Wars VII and Star Trek 13 are actually...

THE SAME FILM!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

10. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

That should make the crossover fanboyz squee in their pants.

11. Yeoman Basha

At least we'll finally get to see the famous "Jedi mind meld." :techman:

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Use the forefinger, Spock!

13. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

Maybe with modern technology and a huge budget they can finally make the version of City on the Edge of Forever which he originally wrote.

14. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Hmmm...maybe that's what the recent Ellison "I'm not bitter" goodwill effort is suddenly about. Perhaps he's actually trying to pitch a story for the next Trek movie?

*snort*

15. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Please send Mr. Ellison 58ยข

16. geneo

geneo Lieutenant Red Shirt

I knew George was gay LONG ago, that is why I quit watching the old movies. When Quinto said he was gay I'll not watch another movie with him in it again.

17. iguana_tonante

iguana_tonante Admiral Admiral

18. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Commodore Commodore

Well I for one, am not sad we don't have to have you in the ranks of our fandom. This sort of narrow minded bigotry has no place in the 21st century, or any for that matter.

19. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

20. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Why? Afraid "the gay" will rub off on you? You better quit watching pretty much anything, because its likely that someone gay is involved in pretty much every movie/TV show.

All I care about is if the actor/actress can act. :shrug: