Every Star Trek Blueprint in existence!?!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by sojourner, Oct 2, 2008.

1. Tallguy

Tallguy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmmm. Interesting. Very nice, certainly. Has this author done anything else.

Great to see another post. I guess it's been a long road getting from there to here, right?

2. Jag2112

Jag2112 Commander Red Shirt

Yes - he's done a couple other smaller sets which you can see here:

http://www.cygnus-x1.net/links/lcars/web.php

He did the Argus Class and the Trinity Class (U.S.S Oppenheimer)

He's currently working on a complete set for the Trinity...

3. kennysmith

kennysmith Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I want to see the proof?, why don't any one make a 50' model of the so called star ship?, to show what it could look like?.

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Awesome Refit to the lovely Miranda there :)

5. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

[​IMG]

Those are interesting blueprints... if I'm reading them correctly, Main Engineering is on Deck 5 in the space between the shuttlebays? I'm sure that's convenient for quick escapes if there's a warp core breach. ;)

6. ZStar

ZStar Ensign Red Shirt

The level of detail is incredible! Great workmanship, too.

I've only spent a short time studying them but... Am I missing something? It looks like the bridge elevator only runs up and down in a single vertical shaft that is not connected to the rest of the turbo elevator network?!?

7. astristech

astristech Cadet Newbie

Good afternoon folks, this is my first post to the Trek BBS. I joined a couple of days ago because my good friend JAG2112 posted my blueprints of the Miranda Class refit on his site and wanted to drum up some support. Zstar, you made an excellent observation, to which I nearly hung myself in the bathroom in shame...sorry, bad joke.

Truth of the matter is that over the past year or so, I have been developing these plans with the intention of providing a more detailed look into the Miranda Class as well as redesign the ship for a more modern age in the world of Star Trek...another words, beef up an aging ship with some badass tech to fight the enemy.

Anyways, with the extensive work I did , this issue you brought up was so blatantly obvious, that I glossed over it with a second thought. What I was TRYING to accomplish was a more balanced acees of both turbolifts and corridors for crew, that I inadvertently cutoff access for that turbolift, so what you saw was not intentional. I fix it, sacrificing some traffic flow in the process, but I believe it makes more sense now.

In any case, I'll revisit this ship later on in the future as right now, my attentions have been redirected to another ship I have been wanting to finish for quite a while now. All of the exterior views are done, just reformatting and other graphical flair being added at the moment.

I want to personally thank all of you who have seen the work and have responded with such positive and motivating comments. I am an amateur at best and if I could do this for a living, I would. Alas, this is merely a hobby that I enjoy and if my work has pleased an eye or two, then I have done my job.

Now that i am a member here, i will stop by more frequently, so if anyone has questions or further comments, feel free to send them my way.

8. Mytran

Mytran Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I must admit I wasn't sure if it was intentional or not - although I used to imagine starships stuffed with turboshafts running to every minor location on the ship, these days I favour a more modest alternative. Waxing Moon's excellent NX-01 deck plans have no horizontal tubes and do not suffer because of it; for a ship the size of the Miranda class (which is not too much larger) I wondered if you had gone the same route (albeit with some horizontal tubes to the living quarters).

Regardless, your work is excellent and thank you very much for sharing it with us!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  9. astristech

astristech Cadet Newbie

I've done a great deal of research online, viewing many different types of designs, gaining a little more insight into deck design, which surprisingly is few and far between. My work is now a lost art, doing 2D blueprints as opposed to the vast majority turning to 3D modelling. I'd personally be flattered and honored if someone came along and used my plans to build a 3D model, but I won't hold my breath.

As I stated before, this is all hobby. I do what I can with what I have and my work is only as good as the information available so a decent percentage of my work is pretty much planned out personally. I take some golden rules and then run with it. Heck, maybe I'll set some standards along the way but all in all, it's for the sake of continuity.

I was mentioning to my friend JAG2112 about how I took a long hard look at the Ent-D blueprints published back in the 90's and there are so many inconsistencies design-wise, but with the massive amount of detail put into the plans, I'll bet they knew about the errors but banked on the fact that many wouldn't notice. Anything from corridor width errors to compartments with no entry, but I'll let it slide as I know it took them a long time to assemble that set of plans.

Thanks and Take Care.

10. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I used to think there should be horizontal turboshafts going all over the ship, but then I laid the Enterprise over the building I work in:

[​IMG]

Our building is about a million square feet. As you can see, it's about as deep as the width of the saucer section. I'd be surprised if it takes a full minute to walk it, front to back. So what the heck.

11. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

Exactly. A mile is 5280 feet. It takes me 20 minutes to walk a mile at a leisurely pace. The Enterprise is what 1/5th of that? So you're talking about a couple of minutes tops to walk anywhere in the ship. Take a turbolift to the right deck, and you're at least a third of the way there. :)

12. Mytran

Not to mention the fact that no one deck on the Enterprise is anywhere near the approx 1,000' length - the biggest is the saucer at around 400' diameter and with a turbolift near the centre you're at most a minute's fast walk to your destination.

The counterpoint to this is the many varied locations of turbolifts that we saw in TOS. Maybe 23rd century officers just really don't like to walk?

13. Jag2112

14. Kaiser

Interesting how it almost looks like precursor to both Fanon and Canon post TNG tv show designs :)

How about that book on the Cheyenne Class next? or Cestus Project?

15. Jag2112

16. Kaiser

Awesome stuff :D

17. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

The USS Colbert is the Kubrick's ship all right

Hornblower is lanky--I like that and the very thick Adama hull.

18. Jag2112

19. Mytran

That's an interesting approach to an old idea, very nice!

20. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Wow! Big! :)