Star Trek: The Next Generation Blu-ray Audio Issues

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by TrekToday, Jul 30, 2012.

1. NewHorizon

NewHorizon Captain Captain

I'm still waiting on the East Coast of Canada. They must have sent the discs by carrier pigeon.

I am not counting on ever getting the discs from deluxe at this point, so for the past week I've been tussling with Amazon.com to get them to exchange my set.

See, a few weeks back..before the new disc sets were confirmed to be on the shelves, I contacted Amazon to see when they would be getting them. An overzealous service rep said that he would exchange my defective discs for a fixed set...I was surprised to hear they already had them, so I asked if he was absolutely sure about this. He said they were absolutely a working set. :( Sadly, I don't think the guy really knew anything about the issue and thought I just had a botched disc set so he sent me the exact same set I already had.

I returned it immediately and when the new sets were finally on the shelves, I got back in touch to get the real fixed set and they refused, saying I already exchanged the set...even though I explained it was their reps fault for sending me the wrong set.

So, I just kept hammering away at them until they finally relented last night. lol

I should have the real set by Tuesday. Fingers crossed it really is the fixed set. They don't seem terribly competent.

I saved twenty dollars buying from Amazon, but with all the hassle they've given me...I am going to buy Season Two at the local Future Shop up the street. It's more money, but at least if something goes wrong I can just walk in and exchange it with no hassles.

2. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGH--- erm, SIX DISCS!!"

3. Falcor5

Falcor5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not in Cleveland but I too am still waiting for my discs. I am on the East Coast.

4. Kryten

Kryten Ensign Newbie

Can anyone with a full replacement set please confirm if the packaging is different? I was expecting an additional delta logo on the spine but the set from HMV is exactly the same as the dodgy set. I think I've been sent another duff copy! I've noticed a forum post elsewhere of someone who has had the same thing happen.

Not going to open it and will attempt a replacement in a shop tomorrow... Not sure how they'll take that as I bought online though.

5. NewHorizon

They're supposed to look like this.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

6. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Email from Play.com:

Yay, result! I expect that Amazon.uk could apply more pressure to get their shipment sooner.

7. Kryten

Kryten Ensign Newbie

8. NewHorizon

I feel your pain. Amazon in the US did that to me as well. I'm waiting to see what I get on Tuesday when the 'replacement' of my replacement arrives. lol

9. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why go through Amazon for the replacements? Why not call the deluxe number instead of going through amazon? Not trying to single you out, as a lot of people did the same thing. I'm just wondering why it seems so many people ignored the deluxe number. Why go through a middle man when you can get to the source?

10. NewHorizon

I emailed deluxe as soon as the email became available. Still haven't received the discs. I called them twice, and they said there was no record of me...but they said that not being able to find any trace of me probably just meant that my email had been processed and my discs sent. I emailed them again a few days ago because I put no faith in what they said...but in the meantime, I figured I would try to get the full set replaced, along with the updated packaging. Just covering all the bases.

11. Mr_Homn

Ah that is very distressing information. I hope I have more luck with them... I just called them the other day, so it should be arriving in the next few business days. *Crosses fingers*

12. Jefferies

Jefferies Captain Captain

Just recieved my replacement from amazon UK. Its got all the right markings with the delta sign on each disc as well as the packaging itself. However, instead of just replacing the affected discs I got the whole season boxset. Is this what has happend for others as well?

13. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

Yes, I bought in-store at HMV and it was a straight swap. The new stock should now be on the shelves at most branches.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  14. NewHorizon

If you get your replacement discs from Deluxe you will only get the 4 single discs. That's the replacement program. Deluxe has nothing to do with any of the sellers out there. If your particular seller chooses to replace the defective merchandise, they will replace the entire boxed set.

15. Horta_Jr.

Horta_Jr. Ensign Red Shirt

Wasnt aware that TNG had been released on Blu-Ray. We havent got a player, but I probably ought to soon.
    As of right now, we have sporadic episodes on various dvds, and a big boxful of the clamshell-type vhs cassettes.

(Sorry to poke into your scene with nothing of substance to add, heh. Hello all, good to be along. :))

16. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

TrekCore has some comparison articles you might be interested in. :techman:

17. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The fixed versions have begun to show up at stores. Here is how to tell which are the new versions.

[​IMG]

18. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Just got an email from Play.com to say that they shipped my replacement box set today. I don't need to return the original set.

19. Mr_Homn

there's an outer cardboard? wow the copy i got from amazon only was the actual disc container.

20. NewHorizon

That's unusual. Yeah, there should be a cardboard sleeve and then the shrink wrapped disc container.

On a side note, I finally received my discs 1,3,4,5 from Deluxe today. Tomorrow my full set replacement from Amazon should arrive.