Star Trek: Starships Model/Magazine Subscription

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by trekker670, May 21, 2013.

1. Caesar753

Caesar753 Commander Red Shirt

My K'Tinga, Excelsior, and DS9 arrived safely today. I must say I am impressed with all of them. It seems like a few people got broken DS9s, but I didn't have any problem with mine.

2. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

A preview of some of the concept art from the forthcoming reboot Enterprise issue is here.

3. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Still waiting on mine. I had to change my CC info due to the insipid Target hack fiasco - they processed the charge immediately after 2.5 weeks ago and haven't seen anything. I hope I don't miss anything in this subscription because the idiot IT droids at Target couldn't employ good security practices. I still can't fathom why they apparently stored debit card PIN numbers, encrypted or not...

Last edited: Jan 15, 2014
  4. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

It was like Christmas morning today getting my 3 models in the mail!

Deep Space 9: Was looking forward to this one for a very long time and it surpassed my expectations. I can see why this was a special issue, since it's so huge. The bottom part of the center part was slightly crooked, but it's only really noticeable if you are looking closely. The only disappointment I really have with it is the lack of display stand. I know it can be displayed standing on its lower pylons, but I still would've liked a stand.

K'Tinga-class Battlecruiser: This has always been my favorite Klingon ship design and I got really excited pulling it out of its box. I love it! It definitely ranks high for the models released so far.

U.S.S. Excelsior: This was another one I was excited about. And while it looks nice, I wasn't too impressed with it. It's kind of small, so the details weren't the best. I do appreciate the aztecing, though. So far, the late 23rd century Starfleet ships have been most disappointing. And we have another Constitution and Excelsior class coming up! I hope that when the Enterprise-A and B are released that they can make up for these earlier models.

5. 137th Gebirg

Hmmm...The Excelsior and K'T'inga arrived for me today but no DS9. :( Hoping it's in a second shipment not far behind.

6. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

When I emailed them, they responded by saying they would send me one, but they had to order it so I'm guessing that DS9 was so popular that they ran out so maybe they are backed up and couldn't send your yours yet.

7. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Ahhh...makes sense. I'll give it another week or so before I shake any trees. Thank you for the info there.

Interesting thing regarding the K'T'inga - it seems to be more of an amalgam of both the Amar and Kronos One than I initially speculated, beyond just the paint job. The engine pieces on the model, for example, show the outboard half as being from Kronos One with its louvered baffles, whereas the inboard side has the "older" design of the Amar - overly simplified, almost TOS D-7-like. The accompanying book goes even farther, showing full schematics of the Kronos One, which I have never seen before anywhere else (although the side profile and top views are missing, sadly) and also some of the best photos I've seen of the original TMP Amar filming miniature. They must have done a serious clean-up job there, as most of the photos I've ever seen of pre-production filming shots for TMP were extremely grainy with washed-out colors. You can clearly see the original paint job, with the blue-green hull and purplish plate detailing. This whole production is just really well done.

8. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Just got billed for 9 & 10! I usually get billed about 7-10 days before I get them, so I should have them by the end of the month. Excited cause we're getting into rare and/or never released territory now! :D Yay!

9. trekker670

trekker670 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was billed as well. I haven't received 7&8 or DS9 yet, but I'm pretty sure it's at the post office waiting to be picked up (for the last week or so) from the big snow storm that hit and they couldn't deliver.

10. Kevman7987

Kevman7987 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was also just billed for issues 9 & 10. I am also excited about the upcoming issues for similar reasons. Unfortunately I have to wait 2 1/2 to 3 weeks from each payment to get my ships.

11. TheRoyalFamily

TheRoyalFamily Commodore Commodore

Got the 7/8/DS9 last Thrusday.

I think they missed a spot. :rommie:

The collection so far.

Oh, and where in the folders are you putting the DS9 mag? I think I'll just put it at the end for now.

12. Toxteth O´Grady

Toxteth O´Grady Captain Captain

I put it in right after the Excelsior issue. They're in the binder in the order that I received them, so I think I'll leave it there.

I can't wait to get the Defiant! After that we'll just be one ship away from having all of the hero ships. Unfortunately, though, the original Enterprise appears to be quite a bit down the line, issue #69, if the provisional list on Memory Alpha is to be believed. However, according to that list, the Jem'Hadar battle cruiser was supposed to be #32, but now it's #13. And the Galor-class was #29, but now it's #14.

Do you guys think we'll get the original Enterprise sooner than later?

13. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

Last I heard the TOS Enterprise was bumped to a special issue, so probebly by the end of the year assuming the Abramprise will come out around the middle of the year.

14. Sans

Sans Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Where did you hear that?

15. mtblillie

mtblillie Captain Captain

I think it was on one of those posts on StarTrek.com but I couldn't tell you for sure. To be fair I doubt it was anything official

16. trekker670

I finally got my issues 7, 8 and DS9 from the post office (they actually arrived last week), my DS9 also had a broken pylon. I'll have to contact their customer service for a replacement :(

17. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

My experience with them has been outstanding. I emailed them my problem and within 24 hours they responded and said another one was ordered.

18. trekker670

I too was impressed! I sent the email and had a response in less than ten minutes! The replacement ship was on order within 45 minutes!

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
  19. 137th Gebirg

So some people are still getting their DS9's and some others (like myself) aren't. I guess it's time to shake the tree...

20. trekker670

They're out of stock. My replacement was ordered, but they said they're backordered and would be a few weeks before it ships. Given the number of units that have been broken upon delivery, I'm guessing they stopped production and went back to fix the issue, since they've never had stock issues before and this one probably has less demand than the others so far (it's a special, so you have to opt-in, and it's twice the price).