The Walking Dead Season 2 Discussion *Spoilers*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PsychoPere, Oct 14, 2011.

1. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

Or maybe there's just no more room in hell. ;)

2. pork3

pork3 Commander

There were some peculiar decisions made by the writers that I believe other posters have alluded to as well.

1. Why the hell was the field chosen by Shane so damned close to the house if he was intending to murder Rick?

2. Why the fwck is that brat, Carl, roaming out at night, and why does he so conveniently happen upon Rick right after he slice and dices Shane?

-Jamman

3. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Shane's acting irrationally - so I think this can be explained by the fact that his decision making process isn't logical.

Lori should be, 'fired,' as a parent you're right because he keeps roaming off without supervision. However happening upon Rick makes sense since he's observing the field with binoculars and it's a full moon that night.

4. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

it was Rick who forced the confrontation not shane. he opened it by accusing shane of plotting to kill him. I don't think shane was planning anything.

5. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hmm, I disagree.

I think Shane was planning on killing him

Shane positioned himself behind Rick, hands down to the gun

Let's say he didn't want to kill him, then it should of gone like this

---------
    Shane positioning himself behind Rick, hands down to the gun, afterall, this is the zombie apocalypse, good to have the gun ready if you should need it.

6. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

no, shane knew a confrontation was coming because of all the questions and looks rick was giving him in the woods. I don't think he was planning on killing rick till he suggested it.

7. Nociod

Nociod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Guess we just have to disagree

Lori pushed Shane over the edge with her little thank you speech, giving him hope

Rick picked up what Shane was planning, that's why he confronted him.

but as I said, guess we just have to disagree

8. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think Shane's mind was undergoing a meltdown because he was turning into a zombie because the virus in his system had finally migrated to his braaaaain!

His plan was pretty silly - he kidnapped Randall from the shed, in the hopes that everyone will believe that Randall is the reincarnation of Houdini, because the only other explanation is that Shane did it. Then he leaves tracks that are easy for Darryl to figure out are suspicious. He breaks the guy's neck in the woods and then goes and gets Rick so he can set him up for the murder, in a totally different area from where Shane left Randall's body, so that it will be completely implausible that Rick and Randall's deaths are in any way connected, other than being a clumsy set-up by Shane.

Even for Shane, that's dumb.

Anyway, who liked the Mad Men ad aimed at TWD fans? I thought that was pretty ballsy of AMC to try to convince us that there's any resonance between the two shows, especially casting Vincent Kartheiser in the Shane role. Okay, if Pete turns into a zombie and Sally shoots him between the eyes before he can bite Don in the jugular, maybe I'll start watching again.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

If everybody turns into a Zombie when they die, what happens if Lori's baby has a cord accident or something? :wtf:

[​IMG]

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I just started a topic about how we should get a new zombie emoticon over at the questions and suggestion forum.:rommie:

http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?p=5994538

Last edited: Mar 13, 2012
  11. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

The entire plot outline for the season finale is available here for those who want it (spoiler warning obviously). It should be accurate, the same guy has been posting the outlines a week in advance of each episode and has been spot on so far.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I guess this is the time for me to stop reading this topic until after I see the season finale. I wanted to remain as spoiler free as possible for the last episode of the season. Can't risk accidentily reading a spoiler posted by someone around here!
    [​IMG][​IMG]

13. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Except for the bit where Shane explains how he is planning to frame Randall for Rick's murder.

14. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

I actually think that Shane was winging it the whole time.

It was clear that Shane had originally planned to off the kid and make it look like he got away. He just did not figure that the rest of the group would catch up so quickly. From that moment on he was stuck and desperately trying to find a way out of his situation. I think he originally planned to simply go on looking for Randal. However it became clear that Rick was not falling for it and clearly no longer trusted him. Once the trust was gone, Shane had nothing else to lose. I don't think that he really planned anything. He was just getting more and more desperate. He also knew that Rick was right and that NO ONE would seriously believe that the two of them went out and only Shane came back. Remember he'd already done that with Otis and no one would have bought it this time either...he also did not know how spectacularly that plan would have failed given what Glenn and Daryl discovered. Thus Shane was out of options. I don't think that Shane really wanted to kill Rick, but he also knew that they'd essentially reached the end of the line. Remember he dared Rick to kill him.

15. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

What if the baby dies in utero? Zombie fetus! :eek:

Soooo...if the CDC guy told Rick that they're all infected, he didn't really get what that means, because he turned his back on Shane after he killed him. Obviously, Rick wasn't aware that people might resurrect.

Here's another alternative: Shane cut his own hand with a knife he'd been using to kill zombies, right? Unhygenic! What if there's a way for people to become infected in a minor way like that, that doesn't zombify you immediately?

Randall could easily have been infected by being drooled on by zombies or whatever. Was Shane's cut hand still oozing? With Randall's cut wrists, there's an infection method.

None of this explains the cops who were zombies without having any observable signs that they'd been killed in any way. Even if they committed suicide, their most likely choice would have been a bullet through the head. I think they holed up somewhere, managing to survive, and eventually the virus itself killed them and then resurrected them.

This also means that a zombie bite should not be fatal - if they're all already infected, big deal, just make sure you don't die from blood loss and you'll be no worse for wear. Remember the skinny guy from the first season who was bit and they left him to die? I had a funny feeling we'd see him again.

16. sojourner

Rick was obviously so distraught over killing his best friend and the fact that his son appeared to be holding a gun to his head that he forgot about Shane reanimating.

We have seen NO evidence that the virus kills on it's own. You either die and reanimate or get bit and die followed by reanimation.

The only real logic problem is why a simple bite from a zombie kills? The best I can guess is that the virus lies dormant in living people until something is introduced at the time of death to activate it. Necrotic tissue? Zombies carry the activated virus so a zombie bite kills the host by introducing the activated virus through the bite.

17. SG-17

The airborne strain may be inactive and upon death it activates. This activated strain could be transmitted in bites and thus proceed to kill the victim instead of waiting around.

18. sojourner

It doesn't need to be airborne if everyone is infected.

19. SG-17

Unless it is some kind of genetic time-bomb it would need to virulently airborne to infect all of humanity.

20. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought the same thing. That orchestra with lots of percussion is signature.