The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Looks like there's at least a small possibility that the aforementioned Walgreens-exclusive Boba Fett will be something along the lines of the big Jakks Pacific 31" figures that many of you likely see every time you walk into a Target, Toys "R" Us or Walmart. A 31" figure normally runs $29.99 or higher so the $19.99 pricepoint of the mysterious, exclusive Boba Fett might mean that it'll be a smaller figure similar to the 31" characters, possibly closer to 20" in height.

At this point nobody knows more than the bare minimum. The UPC listed for the exclusive Fett doesn't look like a Hasbro product UPC, though.

2. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

3. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Here are some pictures of my dolls.
    A Barbie size Princess Diana doll. The hair was really bad; I washed and tried to style it, but no success. I pulled the original hair out and put a vintage Barbie blonde bubble cut wig on her. I am very pleased with how she now looks.
    [​IMG]

This is a Midge Barbie in the Dreamhouse doll. I think she looks so proper and regal modeling her white gown.
    [​IMG]

A Barbie Twist N Turn reproduction doll wearing a teal gown with a big bow on the back. Front -
    [​IMG]

and Back -
    [​IMG]

Barbie Campus Sweetheart reproduction and Midge reproduction dolls.
    [​IMG]

4. cooleddie74

^
    Nice! Congrats on such a classy and eclectic doll collection! :)

In Star Wars news, it's official: the Walgreens-exclusive Boba Fett item due to be released sometime late this summer or during the fall will be a repaint of the existing 6" Black Series Boba Fett, but this time in 1978 Prototype colors. It's basically a six-inch version of the Vintage Collection Proto Fett figure that was a mail-away exclusive a couple of years ago.

It looks pretty nice for what's essentially just the first Boba figure with new paint apps and a different soft goods cape.
    And one of the best parts is that it'll be $19.99, the same MSRP of 6" Black Series figures at other store chains. Looks like there won't be a Walgreens markup on this figure like you see with their 3.75" figures.

[​IMG]

5. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I prefer the ones made in the 1960's. I have several vintage ones and reproductions of the vintage dolls. They all seem to have their own personalities.

6. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

I stumbled on a video on youtube of behind the scenes making STTMP. In it they said they built the rec deck set, used it for 1 day of shooting and tore it down. They also said there were 430 extras in costume in the scene.

I would really like to know where they hid the other 200.

CCC.

7. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

I thought this might be a good spot to ask this. But does anyone know where I might be able to find a quality, to scale replica of the Enterprise D Dedication Plaque?

I have been on ebay, amazon, various memorabilia sites. I know of the eaglemoss version(it`s not to scale and it is made out of resin).

In my ideal world It`d be a Franklin Mint version. But anything of similar quality and construction I`d be fine with. Any help is greatly appreciated.

8. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

I prefer to have mine in the traditional color scheme, but that still looks awesome. :techman:

On a related note, here's a screen test video from 1978 of that prototype costume:

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yF5HFFcv8E[/yt]

9. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

If ebay and memorabilia sites were fruitless, I really don't know what to tell you. Your only option may be to commission one made, which would be ridiculously expensive, probably.

10. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I bought a Hero Clix Black Knight. He's so cute!

[​IMG]

"I shall call him...Mini-Me!"

[​IMG]

I can't find any Black Knight jewelry, so I'm going to take off the stand and make the little figure (and his "horse") into a pendant.

11. cooleddie74

A while back I got two copies of the 3.75" Prototype Boba Fett figure released as an exclusive mail-away offer in the Vintage Collection line. This is essentially a 6" version of that figure. I prefer Boba's actual Original Trilogy colors but the Prototype design is pretty cool and I like the way the very first costume tests looked. I hope I can score at least one of the new 6" figures and my local Walgreens stores stock enough of them.

12. OdoWanKenobi

That will surely make an awesome pendant, KM

Hal and Carol have brought home a little bundle of joy. Sinestro has one, too. He's not saying who the mother is, though:
    [​IMG]

13. Kira's Mom

I went ahead and made a necklace out of the game piece!

[​IMG]

And also a charm made from a recent comic- Black Knight is so pretty in Avengers World #8. :D

[​IMG]

14. cooleddie74

Those look pretty great! You have quite the little gift for creating fun little necklaces and other trinkets out of things.

15. Kira's Mom

In honor of the Fourth of July, here is this little drama that happened with the Shelf Avengers this morning...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This was inspired by a Tumblr blog called "Memos from Nick Fury", from an entry where Fury has to explain to Cap that it was a joke. Steve doesn't get British humor.

16. OdoWanKenobi

LCS was having a 35% off all action figures sale for the 4th. I may have gone a little crazy. Here's my haul:
    [​IMG]

From left to right are: DC Collectible Arkham City Rabbit Hole Batman, DC Universe Classics Beast Boy, Marvel Select Falcon, and DC Direct Hal Jordan as Parallax.

17. cooleddie74

That Falcon looks amazing. The character was cool enough already, but the toys and action figures of the guy are even cooler.

18. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

The Falcon got an action figure?

:confused:

19. OdoWanKenobi

^It's from Diamond Select. Just came out a few days ago. Sadly, those figures are in a scale all their own, and are just way too big to fit in with Hasbro's stuff. Still, it's the only movie Falcon anybody made (beside Hot Toys, but screw that) so I'm really happy to have it. The figure is just as impressive in real life as it looks in the pics.

20. Kira's Mom

A baby tomato fell off the vine. It's too little for humans, but perfect for Clint and Tasha!

[​IMG]