(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nah, we'll take them. We've already done them once at Pride Park this season ;)

2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Notts Forest 2-1 Sheff Wed...

A massive win because our Feb fixtures are not very easy and 4 points clear of the relegation zone (Derby 22nd). It would of been perfect if Watford & Doncaster didn't win but still 2 months ago we where 24th and now where 17th (one more win could take us to 13th by end of weekend).

Also Van De Sar has broken the record for longest time without a goal being scored against him.

3. Angel4576

Glad I've got Van der Sar in my dreamteam!

Last night typified our problems at the moment. We dominated the game against Birmingham, had countless chances to score, didn't, Birmingham had one effort on target all evening, scored, and won 1-0.

Still, sooner or later, someone's going to catch a hatful. Personally, I'm hoping it'll be in the FA Cup replay! :lol:

4. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Robinho has been accused of sexual harassment.

Welcome to English football!

5. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

He couldn't take candy from a baby, hes a little shrimp on legs.

He's got potential but wow didn't see that one

Last edited: Jan 28, 2009
  6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I've had enough of this useless joke team pretending to be the team I watched when I was younger.

No amount of signings are going to do anything now. Arsenal need a clear-out at all levels - players, staff and the board.

7. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Wenger needs to spend and sell theres no doubt, I would do try to do the following...

100% Sell
    Gallas
    Senderos
    Adebayor (rasie funds)
    Rosicky
    Song

Possible Buys
    Upson
    Mertesacker
    Richards
    Michael Johnson
    Barry
    Arteta
    Yaya Toure

Play the likes of Ramsey, Wilshire and Vela more too instead of saying too young to play 9no such thing in football).

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

After tonight, I don't want to see Arsene Wenger in charge of another signing at this football club. Right now, only Eduardo and Sagna are good enough. The rest of them are overpaid, lazy, spoiled children who can go pick up the wages they don't earn somewhere else.

9. Daedalus12

Daedalus12 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You can sell Gallas to us but Milan should never buy a guy like Senderror.

Arghh!! I can't believe Ancelotti substituted Seedorf for Sendero today in the 80th minute. FFS!

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Personally I'd rather Coventry caught a hatful off us on Saturday and we sneaked the forest game with a last minute goal that bounces off Savage's backside! :techman:

11. Angel4576

^^ Personally, as far as the cup replay is concerned, I'm hoping for an injury time headed winner from Addison that's clearly offside, but given.....

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

^^ ha ha- yeah that would be good, or maybe a penalty that's scored!

Any news on the ref? :alienblush:

13. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Presumably you're getting rather worried that you won't make fourth after all? You'll just have to try our 2005 trick and win the Champions League. That would be hilariously devastating for Villa. :lol:

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I have no agenda as to who loses out but I sincerely hope that Villa finish in the top 4...

15. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Isn't it the case that if you win the CL but don't qualify for it through league position you have to start in the very first qualifying round? Or was that just for Liverpool and they've changed the rules since?

I can just see Arsenal having a trip to Rhyl or Lisburn Distillery or something like that. Or even the dreaded FC KAUNAS :D

16. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

No, the rule was changed in 2005. If the winner of the CL fails to gain qualification through their league finish, then they take the place of the lowest-ranked qualifier. So in other words, had the rule been in effect before 2005, Liverpool would have taken Everton's place, and the blues would have dropped into the UEFA cup. As it happened, we just had to play from the first qualifying round.

And of course, Everton got dumped out before the group stages anyway. :lol:

Ifithadnabinferpiereluigicollina...

17. SlyCardie

SlyCardie Commander Red Shirt

I agree with the sells, but you think there's a market for Senderos? Also with Gallas coming out saying that Van Persie's trouble in the locker room, why not get rid of him and keep Adebayor?

18. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^I don't want any of those players except maybe Richards and Johnson, and I'd sell or even give away more than Jax lists.

Tomalak - I don't think we're going to qualify for Europe now. Winning the Champions League is absolutely out of the question. If we can't beat Stoke and Fulham, we're not beating Roma.

In fact, there's even talk that if we do qualify for the UEFA Cup we would turn the place down as the financial incentives are insufficient - overall it would actually cost us money to play in it even if we won the tournament.

19. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Big surprise this - Newcastle have agreed a fee with Bolton to sign Kevin Nolan.

20. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I've been telling you this for years. The culture of failure that Arsenal actively promotes now will only continue to hurt your teams chances.