vital Three Stooges movie news!!!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Three Stooges cast update.

Hank Azaria as Moe is weird, James Marsden as Larry even moreso (a hot Larry??? :eek: Azaria's kinda hot, too, this is disturbing), but they're both kind of genius in an off-kilter way. At least they're not going for the obvious, like Seth Green as Larry. :p

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

It'd be hilarious if they actually gave Marsden an authentic Larry hair-do. :lol:

This movie just seems to define "ill-conceived", I guess we'll see but I can't imagine this being received any better than luke-warm.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They dont seem the right bodytypes for the Stooges

4. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At least they're not putting Shemp in the movie, but I'm in the 'this is a bad idea' camp. The Stooges were great, please don't do this.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Will Sasso is a pretty good fit for Curly but I think it's a good idea to get the best actors for their film rather than try to fit the body mold of the Stooges. In real life, I don't think they were any taller than 5'6.

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

They're not the right anything for the Stooges.

The Stooges were comic genius without trying to be, though let's not forget that without Ted Healey, we wouldn't have the Stooges and most of their schtick to begin with.

I'll say it again, this movie must die....now.

Is there a petition to stop this nonsense?

7. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So this is a Stooges movie with new actors and not a biopic?

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

No, and why should there be - other than that such petitions are so stupid as to be laughable, and therefore kind of an appropriate response to a Three Stooges topic?

This could be fun.

9. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

I get a bad feeling about it when Dumb and Dumber is quoted as the tone they're going for. Dumb and Dumber was an OK movie, but it should no means be used as a benchmark for a Three Stooges movie.

10. Ar-Pharazon

Because there's too many remakes (ie: crap-o-la) being churned out by the Hollywood BS collective already.

I think this one should be left alone. Of course they should have left a lot of other stuff alone, but this is just one I feel very strongly about, so I'm gonna rant about it every chance I get.

These weren't just characters, they were extensions of the men themselves with years of vaudeville experience. Nobody can ever capture that, and I don't think they should try.

Also, a fitting clip I've had on youtube to address the comments on the lack of imagination in Hollywood today:
    [YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_yJ59gWV88[/YT]

11. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Billy West should be Larry Fine.

12. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Is there any demand at all for this movie? Most people who are fans don't want the movie, and people who aren't fans aren't going to waste their time to see it unless they make it like Jackass.

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yes. There already is a pretty decent tv biopic, with among others, Michael Chiklis from The Shield.

This movie sounds about as dumb as a Laurel and Hardy movie without Stan and Ollie or a Marx Brothers movie without Groucho and co. Why not just do a slapstick movie in the vein of the Stooges?

14. Ar-Pharazon

^ Or three mental patients who think they're the Stooges.

Sort of Cuckoo's Nest meets Bubba-Ho-Tep, but without any undead.

15. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

:wtf: Something I never thought I'd see: the words "vital" and "Three Stooges" in the same phrase.

16. gh4chiefs

gh4chiefs Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amen!

17. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Gold.

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Let's say Bruce Campbell was added to the movie, as the Stooges' psychiatrist?

Then would it be good?

I always opt for the original. :rommie:

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Bruce Campbell and Nathan Fillion were cast as two of the Stooges, TrekBBS opinion would change 180 degrees. :lol:

20. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I generally pride myself on being open-minded and not condemning anything sight unseen, but I really think this is a bad idea. I think The Three Stooges worked because it came at the specific right time and had the right people involved in it. It's one of the few things that I do think is a classic that can't be replicated or improved upon (and never did I ever think I would say that about anything, much less The Three Stooges).

Sure, you can remake anything with anyone, but Hollywood has a history of pursuing as many bad ideas as good ideas...