Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

^^^
    Yeah, that would make for a nice extra.

2. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I see a price increase from $2.99 to $3.99 on that new Daredevil #1.

3. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

you guys read Uncanny Avengers this week? thoughts?

4. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw it coming when they launched X-Men with Wood. Still hoping that healing factor can heal disintegrations.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Have Wanda and Simon slept together before? What i read as a child is much more firmly rooted in my head than anything I've read in the last ten years, or failed to read because comics are so expensive an/or shit... Did they get together Busiak era of Avengers?

But really, all the times she turned him down and now this, sure I'll sleep with you, but I'll most likely have to kill you in the morning."

Not what you found interesting?

Grabbing Arno Stark was an interesting choice considering his recent addition to the Iron Man continuity.

2020 is not that far away.

6. Saga

Wanda and Simon were together for sure during the Busiek run. as for the events of UA #14...i'm sure that none of it will stick long term.

7. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

INFINITY #6...

Well, that was underwhelming. So, the Avengers come back and punch Thanos a little bit, and that's the end of the story. Wow. This crossover should have just been one thing; the Builders OR Thanos. By doing both, both were underserviced. I think it should have just been the Builders, and that we should have gotten a better resolution to the war. The Thanos thing ended up being small potatoes.

8. Hound of UIster

I think there is a strong argument that the Builders were probably originally suppose to be Celestials.

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

There was a bit in Newsarama guessing there was going to be some big reveal about that since the Builders backstory is basically identical to the Celestrials backstory... oh well, yet another dropped opportunity for INFINITY... ;)

Which is weird because Hickman's Fantastic Four and SHIELD runs both heavily featured Celestials, so it's not like he didn't know about them or something... maybe he wanted to use them for this story and editorial said no so he just made his own copy of them?

10. Hound of UIster

^I heavily suspect editorial since like you said based on his previous stuff with FF and SHIELD it's clearly something he wanted to explore, but didn't.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mr. Light...are you reading Avengers or New Avengers? Because they have filled in the gaps in-between the main book. Avengers Assemble has done the same. If you're just reading the main book and nothing else, then it would have probably have felt short. The Tie-ins have actually been a pleasant surprise for this.

12. Guy Gardener

We went through this a couple weeks back. He's reading everything he should be, and he's still not satisfied.

So Otto would have to clone himself (remains/remnants of his original body) and harvest sperm, if he didn't already have sperm on ice in a bunker somewhere... Because he may be willing to live Peter's life, but is he going to raise Peter's baby?

13. Saga

Infinity was great. best Marvel event since Annihilation. Age of Ultron was so awful. Battle of the Atom so disappointing. i wish Hickman could write more cosmic level books. like Guardians. or some new book with cosmic characters.

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Yeah I'm reading all the Avenger-y books, it still feels incomplete and rushed :lol:

It's not just the glossed over events of them conquering entire worlds over and over, it's more the anti-climactic resolutions to the conflicts. The Builders were utterly invincible and defeated everyone with their unstoppable technology, yet Thor tosses a hammer through one and suddenly they collapse like a house of cards. And Captain Universe just walks in and kills them all. And then Thanos gets punched a few times then frozen in carbonite. It's all highly unsatisfying.

I definitely enjoyed Infinity, and it was much better than Age of Ultron (which I hated) and Battle of the Atom (which I was indifferent to), I just expected more from Hickman's first major crossover. I loved his work on FF and SHIELD and I've been mostly enjoying his Avengers run so far, though I don't think his style and tone is proper for the Avengers. Too cold and intellectual.

15. Guy Gardener

So the ad for next months All-New X-Men after the letter page in this months All-New X-Men?

She smells just like her "father".

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

17. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The current W&tX that is ending by Aaron is being collected into an Omnibus for June '14 release for any who may want the run in one nice package.

18. Guy Gardener

Big enough to kill a cat.

(Not that anyone would want to do that.)

19. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Speak for yourself! I can't stand cats. Not only am I allergic to them, they're also assholes. They bite and scratch even their loved ones.

I'm glad to hear WXM is continuing but heart broken to hear Aaron isn't writing it anymore! I've never heard of this fellow.

20. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not sure what to think about this...given my love for Aaron's run. I'll check it out and give the new team a chance.