Episode of the Week : The Gamesters of Triskelion

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Botany Bay, Jul 3, 2015.

?

Rate "The Gamesters of Triskelion"

Poll closed Jul 10, 2015.
  1. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 4

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. 5

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  6. 6

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  7. 7

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  8. 8

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  9. 9

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  10. 10

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Poltargyst

Poltargyst Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Lovey dovey! Bonk bonk on the head!

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

^ :lol: I was thinking the same thing.

3. johnnybear

johnnybear Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was Kloog a Kalar? The Andorian makes this the second of their three appearances though each time they appear they seem to do less! Jane Ross who was Tamoon had a small part in Planet of The Apes (1968) but no one has identified her part only it was one of the Chimpanzees in the city scene!
    JB

4. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very fun episode, a classic meta-Trek that represents all that is good and bad in the series. Love it. I also have a real soft spot for fight scenes where Shatner does all his own stunts. His fighting is fantastic in this, especially the brawl in the teaser. The way he dodges Lars' knife and then lands a few solid punches is great. It's sad Koenig and Nichols look like schmucks in their fights, getting caught within seconds and chekov with his ridiculous jabs in Kloog's gut.

Kirk belting Shahna in the face is classic.

Stuff to look for: Shatner wearing his flats. Easier for fight moves. Kirk crushes his communicator when he rolls on the ground in the beginning. The grille is all bent. Kirk always touching the opposite color in the final fight with no penalties exacted.

I can't hate this episode. I just can't. An 8.

5. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

Kirk touching the wrong color in the fights always drove me crazy!

This one's a guilty pleasure for me. I loved it as a kid b/c of all the action, and then as a teenager b/c of Shahna.

6. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

Would you mind elaborating? I'd never heard that and can't find any info with a quick Google search.

7. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

He didn't really leave his stripes, he just touched some blue. I think that because it's an arbitrary rule, the providers didn't bother to enforce it, they were enjoying the action too much. :)

8. Alter Ego

Alter Ego Lieutenant Red Shirt

What might otherwise be a solid 6 becomes an 8 because of Joseph Ruskin. First time I saw this ep I was 4 or 5 and his Galt scared the beejeezus outta me!

Other excellent performances in Twilight Zone and Mission Impossible of that era.