50th Is "The Day Of The Doctor" (And Is 75 Minutes)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'd heard one or two people complain about what had been left out; for a one minute trailer it referenced a lot, but still, that was only a fraction of the stuff we've seen over the last fifty years. And that's why I love this trailer; it reminds me just how vast Doctor Who really is. If that makes sense.

Also:

"Our future depends on one single moment of one impossible day."

I'm probably over thinking this, but I assume that's a reference to the "moment". The one the Doctor used to end the Time War with.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2013
  2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Has anyone wondered how much the trailer cost?

There's no footage from the episode, so everything in it was new. There's a lot of CG work in it, and some things about it suggest that it was composed with 3-D in mind.

Six figures?

3. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Complaining about stuff left out of a one minute trailer covering 50 years is just silly.

Though I will say its a shame there wasn't a Brigadier reference in there somewhere.

Unless of course that was his face carved into the mountain under Elevens feet.

4. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

While not outraged, and satisfied that we at least got some new material yesterday, as I've stated many times before, there's already been 2 trailers to this that have shown footage. I want to see at least what the Comic Con people did. Footage. Is that too much to ask? I don't think so.

Every episode gets a 30-second promo, every movie that comes out in the theatre gets a trailer. I want a trailer for the 50th.

5. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree, but at the same time I'm not letting that bother me too much since most companions were left out of this. Were there even any aside from Sara Jane, Clara, and Rose?

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

K-9 is at Sarah Jane's feet, and apparently the top of Amy's head is visible over the Ninth Doctor's shoulder.

7. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Which has got me thinking. Would anyone be against K9 working with the 12th doctor?

I don't know if it would be more technically demanding(more time to set up filming) or not that difficult.

The thing is just remote controlled. It's not like having an actor in silurian makeup as a regular.

8. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i think it would be great if they brought K9 back.

9. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Maybe in small doses, sure. An episode here or there. There's material to be mined there, since we haven't seen K-9 in about 4 years. I'd like to see Clara's reaction to a robot dog, and it would be nice if Capaldi's doctor went on a spree digging out a bunch of old stuff in the TARDIS and fixed it, etc.

10. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, definately a one shot guest appearance. From the sound if it, they're going with as more serious tone with Twelve, so a robot dog probably wouldn't fit in.

Maybe they could even work in a guest spot with the rest of the SJA crew.

11. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

How about a very serious robot dog?

12. Captain_Amasov

Is it my imagination or is their one toll from the Cloister Bell, lost in the background of the sound mix, when the image flips from the 4th Doctor's back to his front.

13. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I loved how at the end Matt Smith grabs his magic wand and shouts "Expecto Patronum!"

Or he nearly does.

For god's sake, the sonic screwdriver is neither a magic wand nor a weapon. That's what makes it so cool.

14. The Mirrorball Man

The sonic screwdriver has been a magic wand dating back to at least the fourth Doctor's era.

15. Captain_Amasov

I think the pretense of the Doctor's "non-violent" methods have never worked in the new series; for an apparent "pacifist" he certainly ends up destroying or killing lots of things.

But then, I've never really had an issue with the Doctor using weaponry, it didn't effect my enjoyment of stories like 'Day of the Daleks', for example.

16. Bacl

Bacl Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not even remotely true.

17. The Mirrorball Man

Now that was an interesting debate.

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

It is a bit strange isn't it. Of course if they hadn't shown a trailer at comic con people might not be as bothered, but yeah I don't get the anger. Frankly I'm really glad we haven't seen a trailer showing us actual stuff (though I'm sure it's coming).

19. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

It was a fun little teaser. I honestly don't care to see too much new material. I'm tired of trailers giving stuff away. If that's all I see leading up to the actual episode, I'll be fine with it.

20. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Ditto. I'm actually glad that we don't know much. Just about a month from now we'll know everything about it because we'll have seen it! But, right now, knowing what we do know about it is enough to have me eagerly looking forward to it without giving to much away!

Mr Awe