‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Frankly as much as I always hated the sight of Batman on a motorcycle, I thought the Batpod was probably the one of the best inventions anyone ever came up with for the character. Not only did it look cool as hell, but it's also a helluva lot more practical and mobile than anything else he could ever use to get around.

2. kitik

kitik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Robin/Blake was by far the best actual detective in all of the Nolan films. He actually figured stuff out.

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

You're assuming I think the movies are a good example of the character, too. They're not. I'd like to see a good example of the character. Which is why the Marvel movies tend to be so much better than the DC ones; they're far more closer to the character than these feeble attempts to make them "realistic" that the DC movies keep going for. For example, I'd hate to have seen what they would have done with a character like Thor...

Bond is totally known for driving around town in a Prius. And it's a good thing no one's mentioned armor, weaponry, or speed at all when talking about a more realistic Batmobile.

He is when he needs to be. He's gone undercover many times, and the bat motif is there for intimidating purposes; it doesn't interfere with his ability to prowl stealthily around the city, which is how he spends 99+% of his time. Except, you know, when he's driving a stupid ass vehicle letting everyone know where he is, of course, and attracting every helicopter, blimp, and squadcar to pursue him while he's on the clock.

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, there's always Batman Begins Stealth Mode, which I think means shutting off the headlights.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Oh, I'm sorry, I missed the memo that in a thread running to 140 omething pages, every single post had to be entirely original and not mention something already referred to. :rolleyes:

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

And the motor stops making noise.

7. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe that Prius isn't such a bad idea after all...

8. Mister Fandango

Yeah, it's easy to miss stuff one post above yours, especially when it's one of the ones you're replying to.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I like the Neal Adams Batmobile. Basically a Corvette with Bat-gadgets

10. Captaindemotion

Oh get the fuck over yourself. You asked why Batman would have a noisy and ostentatious vehicle when he sneaks about much of the time and I mentioned horses for courses. Of course the same topics and subjects are going to be discussed.

11. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Which is one of the problems with the films. We haven't really seen a movie about Batman as a detective -- except maybe for the '66 film, which featured a lot of clue-solving, even if they were very contrived clues literally written across the sky.

As for the example of the Black Beauty, it's worth pointing out that, while it was subtle enough to blend into traffic at night, it still had a distinctive and cool look. And most of all, it was a very high-tech car. This is something the recent movie remake got wrong by using the exact same make and model of car as the TV series version. At the time, that model of car was brand-new and cutting-edge, and the BB represented a futuristic, advanced design rather than nostalgia. The Batmobile could work on similar lines. The Neal Adams Batmobile mentioned above sounds like the same sort of idea -- visually interesting because it's a sleek modern design tricked out with concealable gadgets (much like KITT from Knight Rider was), rather than because it's all dressed up with Bat-themed frippery or designed like some exotic concept car.

12. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

"The Dark Knight"?

The whole "reconstructing the bullet" scene to get a fingerprint from the Joker.

13. Mister Fandango

Wow, it's amazing how you don't even get your own responses right. No wonder you had trouble keeping up with the posts you were replying to. (That, or maybe you just don't know what that phrase means or something? I don't know.)

People, myself included, were saying that a vehicle more like what Bond or Green Hornet uses makes more sense for the character; fast, armored, armed, and full of snazzy gadgets. You then come out of nowhere, blathering on with an irrelevant phrase considering the conversation at hand, and then pull a Prius straight out of your nether regions. Then you have the audacity to get upset when what you said doesn't really make any sense and/or was already addressed.

It's okay if you're having a bad day. I have them all the time, too. Assuming that's what's going on, here's a hug for you. <hugs> But, honestly, with that said, the only one who needs to get over themselves is you.

14. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The Batman parts of this movie are the only things I'm holding out hope for. It would be nice if he had a good Batmobile, and from the pic I think it has a chance. Its not essential, but it would be cool.

15. Captaindemotion

You're actually right. I was having a bad day, with a 7 year-old who was having meltdowns and I was half-browsing the thread with half an eye on the tv. I posted a generalised response, whilst half awake on the couch, as I often do, whilst not paying particular attention to the details, nor expecting it to be particularly analysed. My post probably would have made more sense if I'd just added 'as others have said' before referring to the armour etc. So I guess I got over-sensitive to your response, as reading the thread was my way of escaping a bad day and instead finding more friction to an already fractious day.

I would've said this in a PM but can't seem to find how to PM you on your profile. So, hug accepted, even if not originally offered in total seriousness - and apology and handshake proferred in response?

16. Captaindemotion

17. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

I love it. Looks fantastic.

18. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm loving it so far!
    [​IMG]

19. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

The Batmobil looks like what I was expecting as a Tumbler replacement The Dark Knight.

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That suit definitely has a Frank Miller Dark Knight vibe to it.