The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

No kidding. That's excessive. Thankfully, I can skip them, since I collect only OT and EU for Star Wars these days.

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I might take the plunge (just once) for the excellent Obi-Wan and Blue Battle Droid Pilot with the MTT Fighter, but that's it. The others don't interest me at all and the only extras of the MTT set I'll get will be after the stores slash and liquidate them.

I'm a sucker for blue Battle Droids. We never got enough of them over the years.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Found out my New 52 Justice League Superman has shipped :) I was hoping he'd get here before Christmas, but most likely before my birthday on the 28th :) I've been anticipating him as much as I was Batman and Wonder Woman so I'm eager for him to arrive!

4. cooleddie74

5. OdoWanKenobi

I've never even heard of them. Not a one in my state anyways.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've never heard of them either, don't think we have those in Canada. At least not in Vancouver.

7. cooleddie74

I think it's a seasonal toy chain that started up in the past couple of years. Think of them like the old KayBee Toys, only they close their doors after the New Year and don't reopen again until November....sometimes in a different location.

At least that's the impression I've gotten.

8. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Haven't seen any yet in my area. I do kind of miss KayBees though. We used to have one back when we had a local mall near me.

9. cooleddie74

Not-so-fun fact: Bain Capital (Mitt Romney's old firm) played a leading role in the demise of KayBee Toys during the last decade. Once Bain was finished with it there were no operational stores left.

10. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

Can we move this to TNZ so that I can tell you what I really think of Mittens destroying KayBee?

11. cooleddie74

;)

I'd rather not, but I think I know where you're going with this. And I probably agree.

Anyways, ToyZam doesn't have an outlet in my area (the closest one is about 40 or 50 minutes away near the University of Virginia) so these store reports do me no good, but I wanted you guys to know just in case you were much closer to one.

12. cooleddie74

Received an early Christmas present of a 2007 30th Anniversary Collection SW action figure: Pre-Cyborg Grievous, the plastic representation of what the Episode III villain looked like before the shuttle crash and extensive cybernetic reconstruction that created the creepy bad guy we know from Sith.

I was never able to get my hands on this Grievous for anything approaching a reasonable price but one of my friends scored one for me at some flea market sales table. It's a great and highly detailed figure, and pretty tall and bulky.

Here's an old YouTube video review from a collector I subscribe to:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYCkNIS-jXQ[/yt]

13. OdoWanKenobi

Oh hey, I have that one. I scored him from the pegs when he first came out. I agree, it's a damn fine figure. I never knew he was hard to find.

14. OdoWanKenobi

For some reason, seeing this thread in particular get defiled by a spambot affects me very personally.

15. cooleddie74

Ze goggles....zey do nothing!

Anyways, regarding the Pre-Cyborg Grievous: in my area he was a very hard figure to track down because he was a concept art figure in a pretty popular wave. I missed out on him and the examples I've seen on eBay can often run a pretty penny or two.

He was one of the concept art figures I never managed to track down along with the later Concept Art IG-88 from the Legacy Collection.

16. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
  17. cooleddie74

I can't wait for the Spambot action figure to hit retail. It's action features include a microchip that gives it the power to drone incoherently and then get thrown away five minutes after you buy it.

18. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, but once you buy it, it keeps popping up in all of your other displays no matter where you put it.

19. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Clint wishes you a Merry Christmas. :p

[​IMG]

I now have all the Avengers, plus Loki and Fury!

[​IMG]

Hawkward!

[​IMG]

"Hulk seeing double. Hulk confused!"

[​IMG]

20. OdoWanKenobi

You should paint goatees one of the Hawkeyes and Black Widows, and have them be their evil mirror universe duplicates.