San Diego Comic-Con 2010 news thread *SPOILERS for everything!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Chris3123, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Chris3123

Chris3123 Vice Admiral Admiral

With all of the stuff that's announced at Comic-Con every year, I figured there should be a thread to consolidate everything. So if there's any announcements from Comic-Con you want to share, post it here.

I put a spoiler warning in the title, so if you don't want to see untagged spoilers, leave now!

I'll start off by posting what I posted in the Smallville Summer Hiatus thread:

James Marsters himself announced that he will be returning as Brainiac for the 200th episode of Smallville, "Homecoming".

Link

2. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Well it appears no one in the Smallville fandom/hiatus thread can go. Anyone from the the other fan groups able to go?

3. Chris3123

I've always wanted to go, but going to California just isn't feasible for me. :(

4. Procutus

Procutus Admiral Admiral

Same here. Thanks for setting up this thread.

:)

5. Chris3123

You're welcome.

A few more news bits revealed at Comic-Con:

* Neil Patrick Harris will voice the "Amazing" version of Spider-Man in the Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions game. He previously voiced the character in that MTV animated series a few years back.

Link

* A Green Lantern game is coming next year, being released in conjunction with the movie:

Link

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's awesome news about James Marsters returning to Smallville...now maybe my fantasy of him playing Brainiac 5 will be announced next? I read on Morrison panel that he announced a project called "Batman Inc." which is about Bruce when he is in control to counter Batman RIP which was about him spiraling out of control. Geoff Johns also stated that he and Grant are planning on working on something together hopefully for some time next year and it won't be small.

7. Samurai8472

Surely someone from the trek fandom or a mod from trekbbs can go?

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's cool regarding NPH as 616 Spider-Man. Christopher Daniel Barnes is playing Noir Spider-Man, Dan Glivezan is Spidey 2099 (he was Spidey in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends) and Josh Keaton (Spectacular Spider-Man) is Ultimate Spidey.

9. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was there for the Caprica panel when they mentioned him coming back to Smallville. The lines to get into panels are ridiculous!) I sat thru SGU and Caprica to watch the big bang theory one. I saw Dexters yesterday, but missed out true bloods. We were so close to getting in after 3 hours of waiting. Day 3 tmw! Having a blast! Saw Brent Spiner and David H Lawrence from Heroes, and Mythbusters Adam Savage coming out of the bathroom too, haha

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I think the inclusion of Spider-Man 2099 is the one thing in Shattered Dimensions that I'm looking forward to most. Miguel O'Hara was by far my favorite character in the Marvel 2099 line.

11. Chris3123

It seems that Character Options is actually going to make a Classic sonic screwdriver! Prototype for 3rd Doctor's sonic:

[​IMG]

12. js

js Captain Captain

Agreed that the lines were ridiculous. I got in line early to try to get into the Caprica panel and finally gave up when the line moved far enough up for me to see there were at least 1000 people in line ahead of me and the Caprica panel was already half over at that point since it had taken so long in line just to get that far in it. :(

And of course no one running the lines bothered to mention that there was no chance of getting into the panel to save us wasting our time trying. :(

13. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

Jay-zus, I didn't even recognize Robert Downey Jr at first - this picture makes him look about 90 years old. :wtf:

14. Samurai8472

15. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Just reading this article made me go "PleasedontsuckPleasedontsuckPleasedontsuckPleasedontsuck" over and over again.

Those movies have the potential to be so awesome and are staffed so well in the actor/director departments that i'm really looking forward seeing but at the same time dread that we are heading into a shipwreck of Star Wars 1 proportions.

Anyway.. it'll be one hell of 2011/2012 Marvel event and i'll be definitely in the theatre watching them.

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'll bet Ruffalo surprises us with his Banner. The one problem that Norton had is that he seemed to be an inherently angry, on-edge guy. Banner is supposed to be a mild-mannered scientist who becomes angry only after becoming Hulked. I think Ruffalo might be able to portray that dichotomy better. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Norton reprise the role but they could have found a worse replacement by far than Ruffalo.

17. Obiwanshinobi

I think Nortons played too many characters where he's had an alter ego/split personality anyways. Primal Fear, Fight Club, Incredible Hulk.

18. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

He looks his best when he is playing Tony Stark, that's for sure.

19. Obiwanshinobi

I'm still hoping for him and Mel Gibdon to reunite for Air America 2.

20. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Marvel anime series? Hmm Iron Man looks pretty cool.

RAMA