Miley Cyrus Comes Forward As A 'Glee' Hater

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dusty Ayres, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Really? While there were some nice elements in the episode, I thought that, like last week, overall it was a bit dull. And for the second week in a row, there wasn't any music I felt the need to run to iTunes and buy. Still, Quinn got something to do, so I'm good. But I'll save any other commentary for your episode thread.

And I certainly don't care about Milie's opinion of GLEE. I do find it odd that she doesn't like musicals considering her career as a singing actress. But whatever, she doesn't have to watch GLEE as long as I don't have to watch HANNAH MONTANA.

2. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Because musicals are AWESOME.

I hate stupid "news" like this, where it's clearly just intended to incite fans. And they fall for it. I enjoy watching Glee and don't care whether or not other specific individuals do, I simply hope the numbers remain high enough to keep the show on the air.

3. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I thought The Miz was AWESOME. Now I'm all confused.

I'm pretty sure I saw a thread saying it had been picked up for a third season before the second had even started.

4. Kestra

I don't know what "The Miz" is. As far as it being picked up, that's cool. I don't really follow this sort of news that much.

5. Mike Farley

Yeah, it's already been picked up for a 3rd season and the 2nd has been extended from 22 to 25(?) episodes.

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

^I'm not going to do an episode thread mainly because of lack of interest. I will say though the reason I liked the episode was mainly because we got to see Terri again, the Will/Sue moments were great (Sue is always great), and for Quinn being silent most of this half of the season, it was nice to see her finally do something. Her scene with Mercedes made that entire part of the story for me.

I think my only problem with this episode was Jesse's Portrayal. Did I miss an episode because he really came across as a total dick in this one. Didn't he say two episodes ago he had no intentions to hurt her. And then what does he do, he hurts her twice. I thought it was kinda going too far.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  7. Kestra

I need the teacher to stop trying to be sexy because it's ruining the show for me.

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It's one of those references that you'll either get or you won't. :)

9. Kestra

Yeah, just FYI I'm pretty clueless on any TV/media/pop culture references. Ignorance of epic proportions that I haven't been able to make much of a dent in.

10. Mike Farley

Yeah, as he proved earlier with Emma, WIll trying to be seductive is creeeeeeeeepy.

Jesse's turn really didn't make sense at all. I get tha he had to go back to Vocal Adrenalin, but he didn't have to strike out against Rachel to do it. It was made doubly bad that Shelby seemed to be supporting VA's hazing. She may not be ready to be a mother, but she's going to let her team mistreat her daughter?:wtf:

I did like that Brittany, so distraught over Sue's abandonment, put her shirt on backwards.:lol:

11. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I couldn't care less what Smiley Virus thinks of the show. I watch it solely for Jenna Ushkowitz. Oh, and it's pretty entertaining, too.

12. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice to see another Tina Fan. Not really sure why I like her, but I like anyone who doesn't get that much screen time, mainly not named Finn or Rachel.

13. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it might have something to do with the fact that she's a dead ringer for my girlfriend, but I think I'd like her anyway. I've catching up on the episodes now and I like the way the Tina/Artie story is going so far. I'd much prefer them as the "main characters" over Rachel and Finn.

14. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

More than anything else, Jane Lynch piqued my interest in getting into the show.

15. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have never understood why people get so .... amused/aroused/riled ... by that. Geez! It just reflects how women are built and is not always avoidable.

Can someone explain the big deal about it?

16. Tulin

Tulin Vice Admiral Admiral

With the most wonderful man in the world!
    Indeed.

And if you don't, you can just ease on down the road!

;)

17. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Because if you want to be relatable, pick one of the most exclusive streets in the world and slap it into a sentence to show how unbelievable something else is. I mean, you wouldn't do that on Avenue D'Ostende in Monte Carlo, and I would know as I frequent that place.

18. Mike Farley

I assume that in between shopping trips for expensive shoes, Miss Cyrus sits at home reading biographies and history books. After all, most if not all fiction is filled with things that wouldn't happen in the real world. I also further assume that HANNAH MONTANA is an exact representation of the real world.

19. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

i dont get how disliking something makes you a hater... i dislike Glee (i watched the first episode and tried to watch the Madonna episode) not my thing. i dont hate it (and i do like musicals).

20. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the aroused part is easy to explain since how women are built is arousing to those who are attracted to women. It's inherent in the concept of arousal really. Whether a particular camel toe is arousing I suppose depends on individual taste.