Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

I don't know the last time I picked up an X-Men comic, but I decided to read Battle of the Atom.

After two parts, it's not bad.

Not really knowing what's happening in the X-Men world, I was surprised to find Rogue on the Scott/Magneto team. Fallout from AVX, I guess?

As for the young past X-Men, I was amused at first and then annoyed with how dumb they (in particular Scott and Jean) behaved. They witnessed firsthand what happened when the young Scott died (before he was, of course, resurrected), but then they, in particular Jean, make a decision that can only be described as rash and stupid. Plus, Jean is whiny and unlikeable, and I don't remember the character ever being that.

I'll stick with it. After two parts, I have two theories at the ending.

Possibility one -- the ending is a foregone conclusion and the original five will be sent back to where they belong.

Possibility two -- the X-Men from the future are not what they appear to be, and the reality collapse in Battle of the Atom #1 was actually a "false flag" operation to provoke the present X-Men into doing something rash with the past X-Men that makes things really worse.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

These X-Men are 16 years old and from the the first hand full of issues of the original run. At one point, one of them, my mind is a muddle, admits that all they've actually done is fight Magneto once and only been at the school for a couple weeks.

Over in Cable and X-Force... Hope just met old Hope from the future who is wearing Stryfe's battle armour.

It's like there are no new ideas.

4. Allyn Gibson

Thinking about it, how old is present-day Scott? I figure the kid versions have to be from the late Clinton era. Certainly pre-9/11. Why wouldn't they want to go back to then? No wars, a booming economy, TrekBBS on Big Blue. Those were the golden days! :)

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Rogue isn't with the Old Cyclops camp... she's with the Wolverine camp.

6. Allyn Gibson

Hmm. I thought the woman with the skunk stripe on page two of All-New X-Men #16 during the debrief in Xavier's Secret School was Rogue as it looked like her. On second look, though, she's wearing maybe a little too little clothing.

Never mind, I reread the scene again. It's a character named "Eva." Never heard of her.

7. Guy Gardener

There was a scene in one of the first all new X-men where scott gets into a huff and runs off because he doesn't like being treated like a child... So after he stole Wolverine's Motorcycle, he walks into a convenience store in the near by town...

"Hey? What's with all the bottled water? No seriously, what's with all the bottled water!? WHAT'S WRONG WITH THE REGULAR WATER THAT YOU NEED TO SELL ALL THIS BOTTLED WATER!!??"

Xavier is going to erase their memories as soon as they get home.

That's a very real version of death is you want to get really hippy about it.

Meanwhile Jean Knows that she is going to die literally if Xavier figuratively removes these experiences from her personality.

Warren is kind of annoyed about being blank slated, but maybe no ones mentioned the crucifixion in the Morlock tunnels that lead to the amputation of his original wings.

Cyclps turns into mutant Hitler hugging it out with Magneto.

Beast is an endless botch of mutations. Compare him to a plastic surgery addict i dare you... God forbid Old Beast tried to explain to young Beast what's happening with the Illuminati, or young Beast tries to explain to old Beast that in this future and only in this future that he has gotten to second base with Jean Grey.

And then there's Bobby.

That poor dumb bastard.

He's a C.P.A.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are new mutants apart of Scott's camp. Eva is one of them. These characters were I believe introduced in All Meh #1 or Uncanny #1.

9. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

The rumoured wave two of Marvel Now has been announced with a name. It will be called "All New Marvel" Now and feature the following titles:

-All New Invaders #1 from James Robinson with art from Steve Pugh
    -Inhumans #1 from Matt Fraction and Joe Mauderia

Plus the article states we can expect Black Widow and the long rumoured Silver Surfer title.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/09...-marvel-now-with-free-catch-up-digital-codes/

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i hope the Silver Surfer title has a good creative team. love the character but he's had so many forgettable minis the past few years...

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  12. Turtletrekker

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Well enough people passed on the last one, didn't make it to 10 issues. I really enjoyed the title, hope this one is as good an that people give it a chance.

Also curious about Silver Surfer and Invaders.

14. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

^^^I know all about collecting titles that not a lot of people are not into (Captain Marvel anyone).

Maybe now with her presence in the Marvel films, the interest in the character will be high enough to sustain a solo run.

15. Turtletrekker

Ms./Captain Marvel has been historically more successful at keeping a book alive than Black Widow ever was. Her first book ran 25 issues, and her book previous to her current book ran for 50.

16. Guy Gardener

How well is the latest plot twist going to take?

Do they have to change the book's title to "Binary"?

Meanwhile... As far as this war goes, Carol is now a WMD.

Imagine the explosive force entailed with/from turning a star into a white whole?

imagine if the planet you think it's safe to stand on is suddenly circling a white hole?

Her powers have almost never been used exactly like this, you don't show the audience a gun in the first act if someone isn't going to shoot it before the half time curtain falls.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  17. Turtletrekker

^Ooooh. I take it that I missed something in either Captain Marvel or Avengers Assemble recently?

18. Guy Gardener

It will probably last two or three issues.

Yes, yes you did.

Captain Marvel #15.

I read far too much of this shite.

Back in her Warbird days, Binary was a an option, which began to sputter and trickle, but then that all just ran out of steam at the worst possible moment.

Did the same guy rename Monica as Photon, and Carol as Warbird at almost the same time?

19. Turtletrekker

December solicits...

Seems to be some interesting fallout from BotA...

Kitty with Scott's team (Uncanny X-Men 15)? Wolvie and Cyclops fighting side-by-side(WatXM 39)?

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral