Latest acquisition!

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Therin of Andor, Oct 30, 2012.

1. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

"Savage Trade" is also in the maple tree here in Canada.

2. Kilana2

Kilana2 Vice Admiral Admiral

3,99 Euro for Captain´s Table - Omnibus on Amazon.de. I couldn´t resist. Peter David´s Once Burned (Gebranntes Kind) is the only one I´m already familiar with. Now I´ll have all the other CT novels at a single blow. It´ll arrive sometime next week.

3. Kilana2

Amazon.de has canceled my order of this book. I´m a bit disappointed. I´ve ordered Vanguard 5 instead. :)

4. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Why the heck would they do that?

5. Kilana2

Maybe someone was faster than me and they didn´t remove the offer from Amazone. It was offered via a vendor and not by Amazone itself. Honestly, I don´t care anymore, as I decided for Vanguard instead :)

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's some good stories in the Captain's table stories. I really like the ds9 story.

7. Kilana2

I will buy it later, it´s only a pleasure deferred.:rommie:

8. Kilana2

Vanguard 5 has arrived.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Picked up a Leonard Nimoy tribute magazine at the grocery store yesterday.

10. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

[​IMG]
    New Star Trek haul
    by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

A big week for "Star Trek" collectibles Down Under:

* Christopher L Bennett's "Enterprise" novel from Pocket Books, "Rise of the Federation: Uncertain Logic" (thanks Galaxy Bookshop)

* The latest issues of "The Primate Directive" crossover with "Planet of the Apes" and the Bad Robot films' ongoing tie-in, both comics from IDW

* A 45rpm "Bi-centennial-10 Souvenir Record" by Johnny Nova & The Starfleet (Tristar, 1976), featuring the songs "Starfleet" and "Crystal Crakin'"

* and, from a US friend visiting Sydney on vacation, two very cool free items she found for me at a US comic convention several years ago (and has been dying to present to me): a red "Expendable" Startrek.com flexible wristband, and a miniature flip book of "Gene's Journal", backed with "Rod & Barry" from Roddenberry.com (2008).

Top right is a new toy I just ordered: a "Glow-in-the-Duck" bath toy of "Mr Spack".

11. Therin of Andor

Sincere thanks to Kelso for hooking me up with the "CBS Watch!" commemorative Nimoy issue!

Now to find him something fun and Australian Trek-related in return... Mmmmm.

12. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got the Star Trek Enterprise 4 season soundtracks cds I like the music from the different seasons.:bolian: I also got the Savage Trade novel by Tony Daniel. and Star trek Enterprise Uncertain logic by Christopher Bennett.

13. Kilana2

DHL delivered Vanguard 7 (German edition) via Amazon.de today :)

14. Therin of Andor

Greetings from Galaxy Bookshop (Sydney, Australia)! We now have in stock for you:

"Crisis of Consciousness" by Dave Galanter.

Woo hoo!

Oh, and look what else just turned up! A surprise registered parcel from Germany! I'd totally forgotten about it, since I placed the order in about October last year, after collecting four coupons from the "Star Trek: Enterprise​" boxed set Blu-Rays, then I sent a reminder email a few months ago, to which there was never a reply. This free, personalised, acrylic dedication plaque offer was available only outside USA. Note that mine is personalised to Commander Therin of Andor.

[​IMG]Enterprise NX-01 dedication plaque by Therin of Andor, on Flickr

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  15. DaveGalanter

DaveGalanter Writer/Ape In Memoriam

Hope you enjoy it! :-)

16. Leto_II

Leto_II Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Lucky bastard. ;)

17. Kilana2

I´ve ordered Vanguard 6 and 8 via Amazon. I will get the novels next week. I´m looking forward to reading them as I enjoy Vanguard immensely.

18. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

I picked up my copy of Crisis of Conciousness yesterday.

19. Kilana2

Vanguard 8 - Storming Heaven (Sturm auf den Himmel) has been delivered.

20. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

That's how they translated it? Ohh, then they got it wrong. It would seem to translate as "Storm in Heaven" or "Storm on the sky," depending on which translator site I use -- i.e. they assumed it meant that Heaven was storming, in the sense of undergoing a storm. But the phrase in English actually means "storming" in the sense of attacking a place by force, like storming a fortress. (As in Miracle Max's line from The Princess Bride: "Have fun storming the castle!") It's a reference to a line from Homer's Odyssey about giants who attempted to storm Heaven itself, to invade the realm of the gods. (And it's the second Trek novel to make that reference; there's a 1997 TNG novel by Esther Freisner called To Storm Heaven.)