The CW?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by RAMA, Jan 14, 2015.

1. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

2. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Starfleet Academy...? :(

3. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

4. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Yeah, I've seen a number of sites bring this up, but there's nothing there. Some seem to think the CW is getting a series eventually but, in truth, the CW is only saying "sure, we'd like a Star Trek series!" which isn't even close to the same thing. I mean, I could say "hell yeah, I'd love a million dollars and 3 Hawaiian islands!" but that doesn't mean anyone's showing up at my doorstep with a check and a plane ticket.

5. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's basically wishful thinking on behalf of the CW President (who is said to be a Trekkie in the article). If anything, though, his comments might be considered confirmation that CBS has no plans currently to return Trek to TV.

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

7. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Good point. The CW President is essentially saying "We'll give you money, because we want a Star Trek TV series," and CBS is replying "Nah, we're good."

I would love to see a new Trek series, and if the CW President wants it, I would want them to have it, as he seems like a guy who would treat the show right (good time slots, frequent adverts, etc.). That being said, right now "pipe dream" describes it all.

8. Serveaux

Serveaux Fleet Admiral Premium Member

9. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Just speculating on where it might end up. I don't think this particular interview comment will directly lead to any show.

10. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

All we can conclude from this article is that there are no plans currently to air a new series on the CW.

11. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You people need to stop being so negative. Leslie Moonves never had said that Star Trek will never return as a television series and that he wasn't interest in it. He only said that the series need to that a break for a couple years or more.

But it still will be up to him, being CEO of CBS in agreeing with CW CEO Mark Pedowitz in bringing back Star Trek as a television series. I'm just hoping that he will agree and give the greenlight, so production can begin.

12. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

He never said anything of the sort (unless you have a source for this that we're unaware of).

Les Moonves neither loves nor hates Star Trek. But what he does love are television shows that have minimal costs to produce while at the same time have excellent ratings. Star Trek has neither of those things. If it did, Moonves would already have approved a Star Trek series and we'd be watching it now.

13. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

Well remember when no studio wanted to mention TV trek? I at least find the idea a high placed network president was optimistic about wanting a trek show.

14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I thought link spamming without comment was frowned upon, especially for random fake news and rumour.

15. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

Yeah, but RAMA made clear his reasoning behind the link, even if it wasn't in the original OP.

16. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

17. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Even though he doesn't said more and where it was quoted from isn't around anymore. But he did said it.

http://www.trektoday.com/news/190105_02.shtml

18. Amaris

Amaris Guest

"A two-year break might be the best thing for the Star Trek franchise, said Viacom co-president Leslie Moonves at the winter press tour for CBS and UPN in Hollywood."

That article is from 2005, and while he did say that, it has been nearly 10 years.

19. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Maybe he meant dog years?

20. Dukhat

Dukhat Admiral Admiral

LOL. Translation: "I'm just going to pull some random break-time out of my ass to justify canceling ENTERPRISE for this reporter I'm talking to, and I really don't give a shit whether Star Trek ever comes back to television or not."