Fallout 3 dlc Point Lookout available on XBL

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sephiroth, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

been playing this all day, large for DLC, lots of missions, new weapons(found so far); the Axe: a so-so melee weapon, Double Barrel shotgun: (damn powerfull upclose, eats 2 shells per shot, slow reload time) and the Lever Action Rifle: Lincoln's repeater in 10mm, please tell me if and where you find any new weapons or alternate versions

2. LutherSloan

LutherSloan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The best place for this info is fallout3.wikia.com, which is updated really frequently with new info on the unique weapons (there are a few).

I just started playing it a few hours ago, but then my game crashed (playing the PC version). I've done a few things, but there are a lot more missions than any of the last DLCs. Most people who have played it so far think it's easily the best of the four DLCs. IMO, they have been getting better with each one. 'Anchorage' was really weak, although the weapons you get at end of the simulation were worth it. The Pitt was decent, but I liked all of the new additions with Broken Steel. This one seems a bit weak in the weapons department, but there is a lot to do.

3. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I waltzed into Point Lookout at level 28, having recently eliminated the Enclave threat from the capital wastes. I expected to brush these backwater yokels away like flies but cripes........the tribal people were beating the shit out of me, haha.

4. LutherSloan

I swear they have much more health than any Enclave troopers, and they don't even have armor....

5. Commander Vaughn

Commander Vaughn Vice Admiral Admiral

Any talk of them raising the level cap again? My character is sitting at level 29, and I'd have to flush away more experience points if they're upping the cap again with another release later this year...

6. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

It was taking me 4 head shots with a Plasma rifle, I ended up going back to my trusty old Lincoln Repeater and using the double barreled shotgun if they got close.

Maybe they purposely tuned it in such a way that they want you to put away your Telsa Cannons and Plasma Rifles and want you firing buckshots and 10mm rounds into the enemies, especially since I am guessing Mothership Zeta will have alien blaster type weapons. I mean, I did notice they have your NPC partner stay behind in the Capital Wasteland so they seem to have a specific playstyle in mind. Or cripes, maybe I have been a pansy this whole time and didn't realize it because Fawkes was killing everyone for me, haha.

If you'd asked if more DLC was on the way after Broken Steel came out I'd have said "No way" but here I am 2 months later playing Point Lookout, waiting for Mothership Zeta.

7. Sephiroth

on a side note Paladin Hoss stole my alien blaster and ammo out of my house

8. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Does anyone know if they're going to release a "Game of the Year"-type edition of Fallout 3 that includes all the DLC (the way they did with TESIV:Oblivion)? I've wanted to buy this game for a while, but I'm willing to wait if I can get the game and all the DLC in one package.

9. kustirider2

kustirider2 Commander Red Shirt

I assume they would.. More money! :lol:

I haven't bought this DLC yet. I still haven't completed Broken Steel (Damn Enclave), I'm way over level 20 so I don't even understand why it's so hard :lol:

10. LutherSloan

Yes, this is scheduled for later in the summer/early fall.

The last I read, they are not raising the level cap again (unfortunately).

I agree that they were trying to make this DLC much harder, even for Level 30 players like myself.

11. Commander Vaughn

It seems like they could use another raise of the level cap. I made all the way up to level 30 as soon as I finished Broken Steel. Leveling up is a big part of why people play RPGs.

12. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

For some reason I cannot get the downloadables to play on my 360.

13. LutherSloan

There was one point where Paladin Hoss inexplicably appeared on the dock after I warped back to it from another location. I was just like, WTF??? This has happened occasionally at Megaton, where he appears after you leave your house there.

14. Sephiroth

I caught him IN my house, and now my alien blaster and ammo are missing!, and he spawned in the moonshiner's house in PL as well

15. Sephiroth

Unlimited Mini-Nuke trick:get past level 20, Super Mutant Overlords with tri-beam lasers will start spawning, go inbetween the citidel and the Alington library, an overlord with a tri-beam laser will be figting the brotherhood, kill him, he will have a mini-nuke 75% of the time & he respawns daily (also, several random overlords will have mini-nukes)

16. LutherSloan

I hate those Overlords and their Tri-Beam Lasers, they do more damage than seemingly ANY other enemy in the game, even when I am at level 30 with all the great perks and 9 or above in every S.P.E.C.I.A.L. category, and 85 or above on all skills.

Unfortunately I have already done basically everything in Point Lookout, along with a few other things I missed from the regular game (like the Keller family tapes that lead to the MIRV launcher, the most unnecessary weapon in the game).

I thought it was cool that one of the PL quests has you going to the infamous Dunwich building, not going to go farther than that as far as spoilers...

Now I have to wait a month for Mothership Zeta...

17. Sephiroth

I've never had many problems with the overlords, between my Vengance gatling laser and the fact that Fawkes follows me everywhere, it's the Feral Ghoul Reavers that give me the most problems (and not anymore since I learned to love the ghoul mask)

18. Lookingglassman

Lookingglassman Admiral Admiral

I got a question. I have seen the add on pack for the xbox 360. I already have played Fallout 3 on it, but I loaned it to a friend months ago whose butt is about to be kicked because he hasnt returned it yet.

I see the add on pack says I need Fallout 3, the question I have is since Fallout 3 is saved in my xbox, can I still use the add on pack or will I need the original Fallout 3 disc in order to play the add on pack?

19. Commander Vaughn

You need the disc in order to play. You need to be able to boot up a save to have access to the content.

20. LutherSloan

I recommend wearing the Ghoul Mask a lot in Point Lookout if you are in the swamps or near the Cathedral. They tend to show up randomly near graveyards and in the swamp. There is also almost always at least one Reaver.