I Want This as a Star Wars Film Now

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Locutus of Bored, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Looks great. Pretty pissed that it's a MMORPG rather than a regular game, i.e. KOTOR 3.

I'm not going to play the online game, but would LOVE a regular continuation of the franchise... :(

2. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

That is the only downside I have with this game right now: MMO. I enjoy playing MMOs from time to time, but I loath playing SW games online. Past experience had taught me that Star wars gaming online tends to draw in a higher than normal level of douchebags. Usually the "dude, this isn't canon Jedi can't do this, this is just some EU shit" type.

3. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Holy rancor! I may not be a big SW fan, but wow that has even me drooling. According to my son - who IS a huge SW fan - it's a good thing to have BioWare involved. From the trailer I agree. Of course, the finished product may not look quite as good as the trailer, but still.....

[​IMG]

4. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

I swear if that was a trailer for a movie, all the people in here would be complaining about the slow motion and speed ramping.

Zach Snyder directs Star Wars.

5. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've never liked the concept of Online Massive Multiplayer things, generally because with all the other demands on my time I can never give more than a few hours per weekend, maybe one or two hours during the week, and can't keep up with the really hardcore gamers. But this looks so awesome I might give the format a try. (Was that Malak at the head of the Sith Armada, or just somebody who looks like him?)

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Just looks like him. Malak has been dead for about 300 years at this point. That Sith character isn't given a name.

The Jedi Temple was attacked, by over twenty Sith led by an unknown Sith, his Twi'lek aide and assisted by a bounty hunter.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sacking_of_Coruscant

Here's a video showing the timeline of the game:
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/timeline-trailer-star-wars/47661

And you can read the first webcomic (Threat of Peace) leading up to the game on the main site.

7. DanTheGrey

DanTheGrey Vice Admiral Admiral

I wish this wasn't an MMO, then I'd be likely to play it.

I still think that the first KOTOR should have been an ST movie. My wife happened to walk in at the 'twist' and insisted I play the cutscenes for her and wanted to know everything that happened in the story up until then. She likes Star Wars, but actually would watch me play so she could find out what happened next in the story :)

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

It does look really awesome, and I'll still at least give this game a shot because 1) it's BioWare, and 2) I'm curious to see if they really can pull off actually giving the game a worthwhile and continuing story.

9. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

This is going to be one of those games, once it's in full release and people in bulk play it, is going to really rock or going to crash and burn hard. I don't see a lot of middle ground given the hype.

10. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

Are we sure he isn't Lord Angral?

11. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

Are you serious? :wtf: It looked silly!

12. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Nope. He looks different and is mentioned as a separate character (though unnamed) that led the ground attack on the Temple while Angral led the fleet.

Lord Angral has a listing with pics:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Angral

The page that mentions the other Sith character:
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sacking_of_Coruscant

13. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Sith are cowards anyway, I'm not surprised Angral would send a flunkie to do his dirty work.

14. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

True enough, but as it's a game trailer, we'll let it slide. ;)

15. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

And the simplistic plot, and the poor acting.

16. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Totally awesome trailer that doesn't show a bit of the actual game.

I'm so conflicted.

17. MeanJoePhaser

MeanJoePhaser Admiral

So, just like a normal Star Wars movie.

Trailer looks good...but a bit wankish. Of course there's a tail-headed hottie and the Boba Bitch is all sexy, Sith guy is a Vader-type.

18. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

God, I hate it when prequel-era videogames don't even try to make things look different.

19. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly, and I love normal Star Wars movies. I'm just saying that pretending that this is in any way better than the prequels is, in my opinion, a symptom of severe gamer-blindness.

20. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I desperately wanted KotOR 3 instead of this; I thought KotOR was the best game of the decade.

However, BioWare is making up for it by making this look fucking awesome so far. I'm generally not big on MMOs but I'll sure as hell be giving this one a shot.