Complete Farscape on DVD Nov 17

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by 23skidoo, Nov 5, 2009.

1. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

I'm sure they were trying to give the series as good a send-off as they could, considering they ended it a year early. I have to say, though, Farscape is really hard to get into midstream. If you think the end of The Way We Weren't is melodramatic, try watching it cold without the benefit of all the previous episodes. I can understand why the show struggled with viewers.

2. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I actually started watching it right at the end of Season 2 with the "Liars, Guns, and Money" trilogy. I had no idea what was going on, but it was still so awesome that I was instantly hooked!

3. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

I plan to start rewatching the series, but not until Jan.1. I did however, cheat and watch both the episodes you name here over the weekend, and my all time favorite "Out of Their Minds". No matter how many times I see that episode, I NEVER get tired of watching Claudia Black feel herself up--even if she is playing Crichton in Ayren's body.

4. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I watched Out of their Minds last night. This is the first episode I ever watched of Farscape, and still probably the best "outer body" type episode I've ever seen in the Genre. There were some laugh out loud hilarity in this one, such as the Aeryn scene you mentioned, and Rygel learning how to take a piss. :guffaw:

If there is one thing I'm noticing about season 2 though, it's that writers really seemed to either be high, or just write episodes that increased the shit-o-meter so much over what we saw in Season 1. Episodes like Taking the Stone, Out of Their Minds, and another two I saw last night (Home on the Remains and My Three Crichtons) were just really really weird. That's all good though. It was really that which got me into the show in the first place.

5. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I really liked "My Three Crichtons", though I want to know why evolved humans would, uh, no longer have anything down there.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I was just coming to post the same thing. I placed this item in my cart when it was on sale for $104. I had bought the entire Stargate SG-1 set with last months paycheck and couldn't justify both at the same time. Now, not only can I get Farscape but the price is down another 40%, the extra justification wasn't needed but appreciated. Thanks Amazon! So with the savings I also got Angel the complete series for $65.

I'm done on buying sets till April 2010. I have plenty to watch.

8. RandyS

What comes out in April? Anything good?

9. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^^
    Sorry about that. I just picked a random month out of the air. I was trying to illustrate that I have more than enough TV on DVD to keep me busy for awhile.

December is Tudors, Rome and True Blood S2 then I start on Stargate SG-1 with Farscape in reserve already. If Castle S1 or Bones S4 is out at a great price I'm sure I'll break down as I'm curious about the prior and love the latter.

10. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

12. tomalak301

I was just thinking, I bought it for 66.00 at Best buy, and the only thing difference I think really is the sales tax. It came out to like $74 or $76 but that included the Miniseries with everything. With Amazon, you're still paying $66 for both but you're just not paying shipping or taxes. With that in mind, I'm glad I bought it at Best Buy when I did, especially since I never owned the original/starburst editions.

13. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, I paid about $80 for the first season when it first came out, plus $30 for each subsequent "collection" (5 collections per season)...so $60 for the entire series seems pretty unbeatable to me.

14. RandyS

Oh, I see. Ironically, I think it will, in fact, be April before I buy anything again. Except for next week when I drop $20.-$25. on the two new Terminator movies.

15. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Darn it! I paid $122 for the full series and PKW. Good for Amazon though!

16. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Quick question. Does anybody know if this Amazon deal is a temporary thing for the holiday season, or will it be permanent?

17. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

HOLIDAY!

I wanted Weeds season 3 for $9, that lasted 2 days, Odyssey 5 for $13 lasted 12 hours. You want it, and have the money, buy it now!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2009
  18. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At that price got one set + mini for me, and one for my pal. $131.96 w/ no tax or shipping charge. It's not like this stuff is going to be on Bluray anytime soon.

19. tomalak301

A few days later and I still don't know what this means. Care to clarify?

20. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

Well, I'll say one thing. This has really driven down the prices of the Starburst sets. I think I'll finally replace the four I still have as double sided DVDs...