Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Welcome... Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwbbs!!!

No seriously, welcome. :bolian:

Tezla likes this.
  2. SgtMax

SgtMax Cadet Newbie

Hello. I signed on 2 days ago. I like it so far though.I am a HUGE Trekkie. I am Romulan, though. Who plays STO? Johlan Tru!

3. SgtMax

SgtMax Cadet Newbie

Anyone play STO?

4. queerTrekker

queerTrekker Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello, I am queerTrekker, I am in my 30's and an aca-fan. I am new to the site, but I have enjoyed the shows and movies for most of my life. My favorite Captain is Janeway, and my favorite characters overall is a tie between Spock(s), Data, and Garak. I have a small facebook fanpage dedicated to Trek called Beam Me Up, and otherwise my experience within this particular fan community has been reletively passive until recently. I am looking to get out more (digitally and locally).

GeekUSACarl likes this.
  5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

6. SgtMax

SgtMax Cadet Newbie

7. Ayelborne

Ayelborne Cadet Newbie

New guy here. What made me love Star Trek was that as a kid I could escape to the backyard/woods with my friends to play make believe after watching an episode (TOS syndication, late 70s). It was, in essence, perhaps our turn to consume TV into play the way our fathers would do when they watched westerns.

We converted a whole section of our basement into the Enterprise bridge, my dad's abutting workshop was Engineering, and our upstairs bedroom was Sickbay ...Of course, the backyard (and the alien worlds (woods) beyond) was accessible via a sliding glassdoor in our basement. Just outside said doors was a concrete landing, which doubled as our Transporter Room. Oh, and we'd use our pool table to plot where the enterprise (cue ball) needed to go in relation to planets (any combination of balls on the table). It helped foment our imagination, cuz lord knows a few of my friends needed help staying focused. :)

bbjeg, GeekUSACarl and queerTrekker like this.
  8. GeekUSACarl

GeekUSACarl The Last Starfighter Fleet Captain

Th
    Thats great you went to school with Lien. i heard she had a bit of a breakdown a few months ago. heck maybe a year ago. hope she is all good.

9. GeekUSACarl

GeekUSACarl The Last Starfighter Fleet Captain

Big trek fan here. happy to find what seems an active respectful forum. loved star trek ever since i saw TOS with my dad as a kid. always loved star trek toys and games and tv. even when the shows or episodes werent as good as others... they were stil better than a lot of other tv. im pretty much a geek in general.

Happy to be here. hope i can contribute.

10. Gabriel Bell

Gabriel Bell Ensign Newbie

I'm a newbie here but I've loved Trek since I was a kid. I love that every iteration of Star Trek has something for everyone. I found out about Trekbbs recently - this is just great!!

Balok's Decoy likes this.
  11. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Welcome all you newcomers. Enjoy yourselves but be aware of my mouth, I tend to bite. Ask this next poster.

*Om* *Nom* *Nom* *Nom* *Nom*

12. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I was thinking of making a joke about the tooth marks, but people might get the wrong idea about us.

13. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Just me then.

14. geotrek

geotrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello! I'm very happy to have found this site, having loved Star Trek for over 30 years. TOS is my favorite, but I also enjoy watching TNG. I can't wait to spend some time reading these posts. Thanks for admitting me.

15. McDuckDuck

McDuckDuck Ensign Newbie

Guess i should introduced myself before posting, anyway after binge watching ST Enterprise over the last 2 weeks or so, i started looking for forums on Star Trek and i ended up here :) . I'm Brit living in Northern Spain

16. Devilpogostick

Devilpogostick Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello, I just signed up here today. I've been on a Trek kick lately, enough to try writing some random trek story with an original crew. Hope to be a decent addition to this forum!

17. AquamarineSteph

AquamarineSteph Cadet Newbie

Newbie here! I am a huge fan of the original series, TNG and DS9. I'm so happy to have found this forum!

18. ElizSalem

ElizSalem Ensign Newbie

Hello, all! While I've been lurking around the BBS for months now (joined to keep an eye on news related to a certain lawsuit) it's taking me forever to work my way to 14 posts. I've been a Trekker for most of my life (Dad sat me down in front of syndicated TOS when I was 5 or 6 years old, TNG came out when I was 7, and I haven't stopped since). I've only been making serious forays into the online Trek community for the last year and am glad to find all of you here!

19. Imweasel

Imweasel Ensign Newbie

I joined sometime ago but have not posted for I am busy because I.M. Weasel is always busy.

20. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Welcome you trekkie animals.