P/C run amok...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Naraht, Nov 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gold Grizzly

Gold Grizzly Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, the only time that the actress was older than Patrick Stewart then (otherwise I suppose that you could count Penny from "Tapestry" as well).

2. Amelie

Amelie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought about that once.... nothing in common between the two, he can't seem to stand her company even when she's behaving (opening of Dark Page, she's not coming on to him but he's uncomfortable with her anyway). Also, with her meddling I believe he'd murder her very quickly :lol:

Nah Picard seems to like a woman who's not a pain in the ass and who doesn't throw herself at him all the time.

3. mon capitaine

mon capitaine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I try not to think about Endora if I can help it. Though I do wonder if Troi is going to deteriorate in character in such a gross way. Women becoming thier mothers and all that.

Just a thought about Picard and older women. Although he says he's always preferred them in Insurrection, I never thought we were supposed to take it at face value. Surely it's just a line to get into Anij's bed?

4. Gold Grizzly

I'd forgotten about that line. Yes, the evidence from the series doesn't really back it up: another failing of the movies!

5. Naraht

Naraht Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, I wouldn't just Troi's mother too harshly, as she was going through a difficult time hormonally right then. Having said that, Riker didn't seem to particularly mind the idea of Troi going through the phase!

As for Picard and older women, I'm not sure that we really have a large enough sample to tell. Penny was certainly older; Jenice and Vash younger; Phillipa Louvois about the same age (?). Of course, Beverly is canonically quite a bit younger, so that might tell us something.

On the whole though, I hope it doesn't sound too optimistic of me to say that Picard seems the sort of person who would fall in love with someone's intellect and character, and not care so much about her age. Patrick Stewart, now...

6. Amelie

:guffaw:

I know.... it still makes me feel kind of ill to think that when Patrick Stewart started doing TNG in 1987 his current girlfriend would have been about 7 at the time :eek:

Also in that episode "Disaster" in season 5, his current girlfriend would be the age of that little girl he's stuck in the lift with at that time..... it's just wrong

7. Gold Grizzly

Based on the actress involved, Louvois was actually more than five years younger than Picard. "The Empath" and "Lessons" also have younger actresses.

I agree that there's nothing in Picard's established personality to suggest that age would matter to him, though. It's a Hollywood convention that the man is almost always older in screen relationships.

8. Matthew1970

Matthew1970 Commander Red Shirt

I hadn't thought of Mrs Troi as Endora before - she is rather reminiscent of Samantha's mother in the original Bewitched, isn't she?

9. Naraht

Eeee! I've never thought about it in those terms, but of course you're right, given that the current girlfriend is only a couple of years older than I am. :rolleyes:

No, I can't imagine Picard hooking up with the girl in the turbolift. Many stories have been written about Marissa, as I understand, but Picard/Marissa seems a little too far to go, even for fanfic writers. :wtf:

10. mon capitaine

To be fair, she looks all grown up now.

But I'm just cheesed off she's so much younger than I am. When did I get to be too old for Patrick Stewart? :scream:

11. Amelie

Well even I'm a little older than her. She's what 25? I'm 27 now...!!!

12. Naraht

^^^ :lol: I have the feeling that I should change my signature to "still young enough for Patrick Stewart". But it would probably be out of date by the time I did so. :evil:

13. MrsPicard

MrsPicard Commander Red Shirt

What's wrong with having such a young girlfriend? :confused: It's *his* decision and *his* private life, so... where's the big deal? :wtf:

14. Naraht

I will admit that I shouldn't be the one to throw stones, given that my boyfriend is eleven years older than me. Even so, in this case the age difference is *so* large that it just feels creepy. Seven years old at the start of TNG? No thanks.

15. MrsPicard

MrsPicard Commander Red Shirt

I'm 4 years younger than she is and I'd gladly take him, so... ;) :devil: it's not a matter of age, it's a matter of feelings. ;)

16. mon capitaine

*considers rehashing the you're only as old as the woman you feel joke*

*decides it would be in poor taste*

17. mackillian

mackillian Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm 25. Creeps me out.

18. Gold Grizzly

It is kind of harsh to go back to 1987, since they weren't dating back them. I mean, you could take a gap of just ten years, which is quite common I think, and say that when he was 20 she'd be 10, which would be pretty disturbing as well.

Of course, when you see celebrities having increasingly younger wives, it's natural to wonder whether they're being a bit shallow. Tom Cruise springs to mind, with him twice having knocked 11 years off the age of his partner.

19. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

You could practically see him doing cartwheels...
    "Just a few more years... :devil: :devil: :devil: "

20. Naraht

Like the new sig, Grizzly. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.