Another 50th Anniversary Trailer we won't see...

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Aug 24, 2013.

1. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

...was shown at the Edinburgh Television Festival today.

[​IMG]

Who's the other person in the shot and is it just the reflection on the screen making them look see-through?

2. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

*faints from excitement*

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm starting to feel a little left out.

4. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

It looks like Tennant's lapel and tie, so I wonder if the pic is taken just as a transition from one shot to another is in progress

ETA- in fact it also seems to have Ten's hair and jawline, looking away from the audience, so I'm pretty certain it's a pic taken partway through a fade from a shot of all three to a closer shot of Ten looking at Eleven.

5. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

6. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

This is getting stupid. Fuck you, BBC. Fuck you.

What exactly is wrong with making it a treat for them but releasing it a day later for the rest of us?

7. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Beat me to it. :P

[​IMG]

8. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Are you not going to see the 50th if you don't see a trailer?

9. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

Of course I'll watch it. But like I said in the Comic Con trailer thread, this makes NO SENSE. Trailers serve to get your audience excited. There have now been two of these trailers that all fans will never see because they've been "exclusive" to a small group of people. What exactly is wrong with releasing them to the whole fanbase to get EVERYONE excited? There wouldn't be a show without the fanbase, after all. If you continue to do this crap people will start feeling left out.

Now I know we will eventually get a trailer for the 50th, but this is still dumb.

10. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Sure. But, there are certain people who already seem excited and all but certain to watch. Everyone in this forum for example.

I'm going to be blunt: you sound entitled. The vast majority of the people who watch probably wouldn't identify as the "fanbase." They don't dress up, they don't go to comic-cons, and they don't post on the net.

Why waste trailers now when the show is months away? It'll get lost in the shuffle.

You are already a locked in audience member. I'm a locked in audience member. Everyone in this subforum is a locked in audience member.

I think it would affect advertising if they lost you as a viewing audience. But, we are the fanbase, the show would probably be cancelled before the fanbase stops watching.

I don't disagree with you entirely. I just don't think it's worth taking it personally.

11. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I think it's a little disappointing that they haven't put this or the comic-con trailer online. But I would imagine that closer to the date, the BBC will advertise the hell out of this. And while there might be some differences or variations in the trailers, I don't think we'll really be missing much. I mean, a trailer is a trailer and, at the end of the day, we're gonna get to see the actual special, which is the important thing.

I was surprised that they didn't show a clip on the special programme to reveal who the new Doctor was, but with hindsight, that programme was about the 12th Doctor, not the 50th.

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

^Well you could make an argument that because the BBC is funded via the License fee that in a sense those in the UK are entitled to it. Because they paid for it.

Of course they could just stik it on the website. But part of showing it to certain audiances is generate buzz about and get the papers/magazines writing about it.

But as you say it is several months away, however we are no leaving the summer and entering into Autumn so it's getting around the time the BBC will start to run trailers for AUtumn on the BBC.

13. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The first season 7 trailer was released 6 months prior to airdate. We're well within that bracket for the 50th. BBC really should have something, even if it is just a short teaser.

14. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

If you're in the UK unless you visit internet forums you probably wouldn't even realise it was the 50th anniversary year.

No doubt there will be more "exclusive" trailers.

15. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Exactly. We're still three months away from the broadcast. There's not a lot of benefit to whipping the not-we audience into a frenzy now. By early October, though, we'll have trailers and interviews and the like.

16. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

Come on, already. Enticing the so called 'not us' audience this far out isn't cost effective, granted. That said, wouldn't it be just nice to give us fans *something* to whet our appetite?

17. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It would be nice if we at least knew the frickin' title of the thing.

18. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes, the title should definitely be revealed. Although, Moffat doesn't seem to reveal his titles as far advance as RTD did. I doubt we learned the titles of Moffat's Christmas specials any sooner than November with the Children in Need previews, while RTD usually had the titles of his Christmas specials revealed in the closing credits of the finales of each season.

19. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not particularly fussed over the lack of a trailer. It's so far out. And, it's actually been pretty nice not having a continual drib of information. That only seems to stretch things out. A break in the info is nice!

I'm sure soon enough we'll start seeing trailers and the like. But, it's not even Fall yet!

Mr Awe

20. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I am surprised that a trailer wasn't shown as part of the Peter Capaldi reveal special. That would have been an ideal time to show it.