What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. jerriecan

jerriecan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Playing through Old World Blues for Fallout: New Vegas right now. It's a blast - every cheesy 50's B-Movie cliche wrapped up in one DLC. Lots more fun than the previous two DLCs.

2. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

My PlayStation Move arrived yesterday so now I'm in the process of playing some demos that came with be Starter Pack bundle (Beat Sketcher, Echochrome II, EyePet, Sports Champions, Start the Party, The Shoot, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, Tumble, and TV Superstars).

No Kung Fu Rider and Time Crisis though, those apparently only came out on the US version of the demo disc :(

3. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just finished The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. Loved it! Now I'll probably fire up a little Left 4 Dead 2 and ponder what major game to start/buy next.

4. darthraidr

darthraidr Commodore Commodore

started playing LA Noire... possibly the most unintentionally funny game i have played.

Cole Phelps is judge, jury and executioner as he patrols the streets looking for crime. If you see Cole Phelps pull his gun out, you know someone is going to get filled with led, probably you. The rules of the road are merely suggestions for Cole Phelps as he frequently drives along sidewalks and powerslides around corners. If you see Cole Phelps on the road, get out of his way, or prepare to have your vehicle commandeered.

then there is the detective work... can't say i care for it.

5. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Picked up Crysis 2 for 360 the other day, so I'm giving it a try. Not bad so far, but I'm not seeing the hype. I've heard it looked better on the PS3, but I'm trying to save space on my PS3 HDD as it's gettin pretty crowded in there. My PS3 is an older 80gb model, whereas my 360 is a newer 240gb. So to save space, I'm buying Xbox when I can these days and filling up it's huge HDD and saving the space on my PS3 for games I really care about.

6. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Why don't you just get a bigger hard drive for your PS3?

7. stalin2005

stalin2005 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Started a new playthrough of Mass Effect 2 on Insanity. These battles are a lot harder than I imagined...

8. HotRod

HotRod Commodore Commodore

Meh, it aint worth the trouble at the moment. If it ever does get full then I'll think about it. But for now I might as well fill up my 360's HDD. It's still got tons of room.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

^ I'm basically the same, only it's the other way 'round. PS3's at 320 gigs and nowhere near half full, whereas my 360 still has a shitty 20 gig drive (plus 14 or so gigs on a dedicated USB flashdrive).

10. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Reinstalled Elite Force. It's been a while so thought I'd take it for another spin:)

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I finally started Dead Space 2! I'm playing on the easiest setting because I'm terrible :p but I still almost got killed by the first boss because I was too stupid to figure out I should be shooting his feet! I have a real crappy time aiming the stasis this time; was it a tight beam like that in the first game? I don't remember having to aim that carefully in the first game.

12. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Level 40 on LOTR Online (16 days in) ;) bring on SW:TOR

13. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

I just started playing F.E.A.R. 3 tonight. I'm enjoying myself so far--the first two levels offer some pretty high-intensity gun battles. Though the game seems to have lost a lot of the spooky atmosphere that made the first one so memorable.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I've just started Dead Space (I'm... on a mission to play/read/watch myself through everything Dead Space related :p) on medium and it's going very well at the moment (couple of hours in).

[​IMG]

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm about 40% into Dead Space 2 already (got a weekend to kill with nothing better to do, lol) and I think it's better than the first one. I am disappointed there aren't more non-scary parts though, I had read that there would be sections where you're in populated areas with sane living people :p

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

To be fair, sane living people in the Dead Space 'verse are few and far between :lol:

17. Goliath

Goliath Vice Admiral Admiral

Huh. Well, that was quick.

F.E.A.R. 3 has a pretty short single-player campaign. That seems to be because it's designed to be replayed: finishing the campaign once as the Point Man unlocks a second character, the ghost of Paxton Fettel. And you can play co-op, if you can find a second player. I haven't had any luck so far.

On the good side: this game does feature some very good shooting action. And it reveals the personal histories of the game's protagonists. And it does recapture some of the first game's spooky atmosphere, at times. And the scenes where you get to pilot a mech are fun as always.

But on the bad side: the campaign is short, as I said. And since it seems to have been designed for co-op play, it's also pretty tough. I usually play single-player shooters on the Medium difficulty level, but I had to dial this down to Easy: the boss battles were kicking my ass.

And to top it off, the game has some very strange graphical issues--your movement seems to stutter quite frequently, even if you turn down the video settings. The game never becomes unplayable, but it's annoying. The developers have released an update that was supposed to fix this issue, but it persists on my machine. This is not the sort of problem I expect to find with a finished game that cost me fifty bucks.

18. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Funny that we're all playing Dead Space 2. And yeah, F.E.A.R. 3's campaign is pretty short, but it's fun to do in coop!

19. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been playing a lot of LA Noire. Its pretty fun, even if trying to figure out if people are lying or not can be hard at times.

20. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Last night I god DA2: Legacy so that's on the list. I'm also trying the demo of Arkham Asylum:)