STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

Well now you start as a freshly graduated cadet about to start your training cruise while putting you in the Academy uniform.

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

I set up a celebration event for the T3 Mine completion on Saturday.

Check out the Fleet event calender and RSVP to let us know if you participate.

3. Timelord Victorious

While we were concentrating on the Mine and Embassy, the Spire Operations Upgrade crept up on us. :)

In 5h from now it will be ready to be slotted. Someone please make sure to open it for contributions asap. :)

Completing it will open access to Rare Voth Science DutyOfficers, Mk XI Ground Kit Variants and an additional Ground Active Roster Slot that let's you use a 6th ground duty officer.

4. Timelord Victorious

Here are some fleet mock ups of the new uniform variants we get with the 9.5 update

Edit: I should note that the middle one is exclusive to 200 day veterans.
    The Tactical field uniform is totally free for everyone who has already unlocked the standard through the fleet tailor, same as the dress uniform below.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  5. Timelord Victorious

And the dress variant.

Attached Files:

6. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I may have to reassess just how much i'm changing my fed's uniform since more variants will be avalible.

Sweet was not expecting one of those.

So anyone know when the replacment fleet tailor uniform will be up?

7. Timelord Victorious

When Season 9.5 is released.

8. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

Ok thanks every one for the advise

9. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

So now that the second floor is accessible... what is it for? :S Seems a bit empty at the moment. Do some of the feature projects make an appearance there?

10. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

So far, I haven't see a use besides extra room to walk around. I didn't see any active consoles up there or anything.

11. Timelord Victorious

I took a look at the second floor. It's got a nice view. :)
    Seems to be there mostly for RP I think.

With the main upgrade completion we unlocked 3 more side projects with some quality of life benefits.

i slotted the first one which will have the biggest reward I think: A Daily Mining Mission for a rich dilithium node. If that is the same as the the one we could get from a lockbox claim, it will yield 5000 ore I believe? plus we have 2 standard mining daily already available which can yield 1000 each. combine them all and you get 7000 ore already with a single mining session there.
    get an additional 500 ore the next day by doing the doff assignment and refine and extra 500 instantly.
    You are then only 1000 ore away from your daily maximum which you can probably do with a single mission or you hop over to the public Ferengi mine near DS9 and do the daily there, too.

This will guarantee even low level characters an easy maximum dilithium yield without much of a hassle.

Next project in line will be anoth 6% discount on dilithium store costs for everyone.

And last the Mini tailor with another costume store unlock. and then we are really, really completely finished with the holding! XD

12. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Its not quite the same as the public VIP mining nodes. With those, you get a straight 2k? dilithium just from mining one single node for 1 minute.

With the fully unlocked fleet mine, you get 4k dilithium from mining all 15? 20? dilithium nodes. Around 3-4 nodes are located deep down underground which took me forever to find on my first and second attempts. Also, it takes roughly 30 minutes to get all the nodes. For higher level players, it may be faster and more fun to run STFs.

As for the costume, its a miner's outfit complete with hard hat and toolbelts. I have it unlocked on one of my characters just to see what it looks like. I'll post a picture of it when I can login.

13. Timelord Victorious

It's a shame you can't park your toon on there and mine between queues whiel waiting, since it pops you outside again after the mission.

BTW, I suspect it was vendikarr who filled the special cosmetic project? Thanks for that. :)

14. intrinsical

Here's the mining costume. There's no mining hat, I must have gotten it mixed up with the miner's costume from another game.

[​IMG]

Yes, sadly the best you can do is park outside in Beta Ursae and zone in between runs to do some mining.

15. Timelord Victorious

To, for once, not talk about holdings and project requirements...

How is the interest in a bootcamp training series for the different STFs.

Each session would include a theoratical part with basic strategy briefing, gear/trait recommendations, a bit of time to optimize your build for the run and the we dive straight into the STF of the day.

Goal would be:
    1.Enabling everyone to join a PUG and hold your own in the mission, knowing what and when to do to help with the success of the mission and on occasion maybe even carry the rest of the team. ;)
    2. Being able to function in a coordinated premade team and finish the mission at hand with time to spare and all optionals.

We have a lot of new members who are also still learning the game whose PvE will greatly benefit from this , but also some experienced players who have been playing very selectively and run some missions in there sleep while being totally new to some other missions (being a pro in space, but never dipped their toes in a ground run).

Veteran members who know every mission inside out can and should volunteer to join in as coaches for the others.

With enough resonance we can make this a regular event.

16. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

That is a great idea! I could get in on that. There are some missions I do all the time and others I never touch. Count me in time permitting. :techman:

17. intrinsical

If it weren't for timezone incompatibility issues, I would happily help out. When I'm playing, everyone's asleep and when everyone's playing, I'm asleep. I'll settle for providing advise in this thread instead.

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Depends when, but I'd be up for helping out on some of these. Can run my secondary toon and see about getting a few Optional accolades knocked off, no one ever wants to run those anymore, so I've got Elite but not Normal :)

And PUGS are brutal, other than ISE, I try to just stick to the PublicEliteSTF channel so you at least get people that (probably) won't AFK you...

19. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'd offer to help, but the fights aren't my strong suit. I have only just started doing STFs and only tend to do them with fleet members, not PUGs, except for The Conduit.

I did notice on the events calendar that we have another Dilithium weekend coming beginning July 24th. I can try and post my steps for Dilithium gathering for that weekend. I managed to earn over 300k on my main the last time.

20. Timelord Victorious

70 Engineering/Ops Doffs and about 70k dilithium missing to complete the Spire Operations Facilitiy upgrade.

Edit: Spire upgrade is under way and we finished the last Dilithium store discount, we are now at minimum store prices for all fleet members, enjoy.

The last and final project for the mine is open: Dilithium Mine Tailor including a special costume unlock.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.