How excited are you about the new Ninja Turtles movie?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by sonak, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess I remembered it differently. Oh well. The original film is great. I was not a huge Turtles fan, but the original film is as good a films one could hope for.

And by the way, that actress that played April actually wans't bad at all.. it's nit all about appearance.. she was actually believable as a news reporter.

2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I'm still on the fence about this movie. I was hoping the trailer would sway me either way but it still hasn't.

There's one thing I have an issue with though, the Turtles seem to be super strong (as evidenced by that guy flying into the wall. Plus the Latino Review review of the first script confirms this). My question is, if they have super strength now, why do they have to be Ninjas at all?

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm more concerned about their size. Makes it hard to be stealthy.

4. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

Based just on the trailer, this thing looks awesome. I really like the designs for the Turtles and Shredder, and it looks like it's going to be tonally similar to the old movies, at least IMO.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

They never make movies about the toys I had when I was a kid. But I don't think I ever had any toys by Mattel, Hasbro, Marx, Ideal, or any of the other big companies.

6. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, that looks fucking stupid. About what I was expecting.

7. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I'm am also worried about their size, and did they have human lips?

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

9. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

The last bit did make me chuckle.

10. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

I actually kind of want to see the movie after seeing the trailer. Also I'm glad that at least Mikey seems to act like I remember. The faces look a little too close to Shrek, but seeing them in action looks pretty decent.

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Thank you! That's what was bugging me about the turtles' faces. They're very Shrek-like while also being "too human" just looks unsettling and odd.

12. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Having just watched the trailer, I would say that it looks good, but I'm going to hope for a great story, and well developed characters to go along with it. Still, from that scene with Mikey, it looks like they haven't lost the need for humor. I'm willing to give it a shot.

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

The mask bit did make me chuckle.

14. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Aside from being about turtles as opposed to robots, that's practically indistinguishable from the Transformers trailers.

15. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

With April's father having worked with Shredder on the ooze, I'm placing bets now that Splinter winds up being April O'neil's dad.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Why not? They already made Shredder a white guy, so why not Splinter too? I was actually surprised when I checked IMDb and saw an Asian actress playing Karai. I would've thought they'd turn her into a blonde named Karen or something.

17. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Tatsu could be a large black guy named Tiny.

18. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I like the trailer but I think the best part about the 1990 film was how the villains (the Foot) were done. Recruiting teenagers by getting them to steel things they might enjoy, setting up an arcade of sorts, and then having them move in ranks in ninjitsu as if it was a competitive sport was actually believable and spoke to a lot issues that are important to about teenagers in general. I hope the screenwriters keep this idea of teenage ideology in the new film

19. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Leo gave me the same vibe as Optimus prime as well with him standing all stoic

20. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

That scene at the end of the trailer with April meeting the Turtles on the rooftop reminds me of that scene in the trailer for the first Transformers where Shia LaBoeuf and Megan Fox meet Optimus Prime in the alleyway. "He's a giant robot, must be Japanese or something."