The 11-foot TOS Enterprise model-

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by jayrath, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

2. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Check out "Steve Neill's Garage" on Youtube. He does about three or four videos a week on what he's working on in his shop. They're very addictive watching. He does all sorts of stuff in addition to Star Trek. NuBSG, Star Wars, classic sci-fi, submarines, airplanes, and custom work. He's got a whole video series on the beautiful 66 inch TOS Enterprise he built from scratch and made kits from.
    I'd like to win the lottery just so I can pay him to build a 11-foot hyper-detailed TOS Enterprise. And maybe a Battlestar Galactica just as big.

3. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We can't forget to mention that Steve Neill is the guy who was tasked with sculpting and casting Spock's ears for TMP.

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

While I'm sure they're well-made, I dislike the ears from the first 5 movies because they lost the elegant curve of the series ones. They sorta got it back to form in TUC.

5. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

That's something I didn't actually recognize till I read somebody (Joan Winston maybe?) going on about that very same elegance being gone. I knew something was wrong, but associated it more with the vampire look as opposed to the piss-yellow skin from the series. Do we ascribe this to Wise's tastes, like the costuming?