Who would you want to play the captain in Trek series 6

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by jefferiestubes8, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

ok, ok...Steve Burton. He is a soap actor...but would draw in the ladies...plus his acting style would suit a captain...while other characters act all crazy while he is calm.

:bolian:

2. Python Trek

Python Trek Commodore Commodore

West Consin, People's Republic of America
    Ever since I first learned that VOY was going to have a female captain, I've wanted to see Gillian Anderson in charge of her own vessel.

If we're talking a male c.o., though, I'd choose Matthew Fox. He'd be great as a Christopher Pike-type captain, as seen in "The Cage", i.e. a hand-wringing guy who really feels the weight of the command burden and often second-guesses himself.

3. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

Looking at the way nuBSG changed the gender of both Starbuck and Boomerm is there any reason we couldn't create a female Kirk, one with basically the personality?

Think of some of the actresses who have played high powered corporate types.

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gah! How did I manage to forget him? He goes to the top of my list! :bolian:

He's been cast on SGU (villain) so we get to see how he does with space opera. My bet is he steals the show out from under everyone.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
  5. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

Daran Norris. Love that man. I would watch literally anything he was in.

6. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Stealing the show with Robert Carlyle around? Good luck with that.

7. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Oh..good luck to Robert Carlyle. This Robert Knepper can chew scenery with the best of them..ask Quinto.

Rob

8. SpyOne

SpyOne Captain Captain

Paul Williams.
    Highly underrated as an actor, he tends to get mainly comic roles, but I have seen him do an excellent villain. The man can be dramatic, he can be downright frightening, and I'd really like to see him get to stretch his acting legs by playing ... a less friendly version of Picard, essentially.
    I mean, we never got to see Picard being a super-hardass, but nearly everyone who served under him felt he was a man you did not want to have be angry with you.

Plus, I think we've seen enough tall, broad-shouldered captains. Time for a short guy to be awesome.

9. Joemac

Joemac Lieutenant Red Shirt

worf please. can you imagine a klingon as a captain on a starship? shoot first then think about it lol.If you wanted to place it 25 to 50 years later, how about data he'd make a great admiral.
    on a more serious note how about ll cool j as captain. i think he could bring a whole new twist to the captains chair and he's a great actor

Last edited: Mar 23, 2010
  10. USS Renegade

USS Renegade Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Well, it was made quite clear that Worf would NEVER get his own command after he went off mission to save Jadzia. Though watching the crew deal with Captain Worf would be hilarious.

Hmm. Worf should have been the Captain on Voyager. Janeway dies in Caretaker and as the senior line officer he would take command. Someone needs to go back and re-write the first season of Voyager like that so I can read it and coo and LOL.

LL Cool J as a Starfleet Captain would be quite do-able as well. While we are on rappers, I would throw Ice Cube's name in the hat as well if he hadn't turned into the black Chevy Chase.

How about an all rapper Starship crew.

Captain LL Cool J
    Commander Queen Latifah as the XO
    Lt Commander Ice Cube as Chief Engineer
    Lt Commander Mos Def as the Chief Medical Officer
    Lt Vanilla Ice as Chief of Security
    Lt JG Snoop Dog as Science Officer
    Ensign Eve as the Helm
    Ensign Eminem as the Operations Officer

featuring

The Beastie Boys as the Security Team
    The Fat Boys as the Medical Team
    Will Smith as The Admiral
    DJ Jazzy Jeff as The Admiral's Aide
    Salt and/or Pepa running the ships lounge

and

The Ghost of Tupac as the EMH

Now, someone needs to photoship this so I can coo and LOL.

11. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Are you crazy? If they had made a Klingon based show, the Klingon Captain would have been a whimp, and his first officer would have been gay (not that its a bad thing, but done to make them 'hip' and more PC. ). And the Klingon ship's main contribution to the Empire would be to see how 'unKlingon' it could be...you know..the 'politcal correct' klingon ship. By the end of the 7th season the Empire would abandon its ways and join the Federation because they had become so, you know, peaceful and cuddly.

Thank God it never got made..

Rob

12. USS Renegade

Um, no one was talking about a Klingon based show. STARFLEET told Worf he would never get his own command, because he went off mission on a STARFLEET op to say his STARFLEET officer wife.

We we talking about a Klingon Captain on a Starfleet ship. Specifically, Worf.

13. zombieChan51

zombieChan51 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Jeri Ryans

14. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Okay..got it..

Rob

15. caisson2delta

caisson2delta Captain Captain

I like the idea of an alien captain. It would be interesting if we had an Andorian or some other race, without a great deal of airtime, serve as the captain. It might prove for some interesting stories and be able to delve into their culture a bit. I don't have any real ideas, although it should be some one of the caliber of Jeffrey Combs or Andrew Robinson.

16. Magnum

Magnum Lieutenant Red Shirt

Me too!

I'd like to see Masi Oka and Dulé Hill as well!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  17. USS Renegade

Ooh! How about Ricky Schroder? Not kidding.

18. therealfoxbat

therealfoxbat Commander Red Shirt

19. Crewman47

Crewman47 Commodore Newbie

Four pages and nobody's mentioned Josh Holloway? After 6 years on Lost I think he'd like the change of scenery doing a Trek series, and I think he'd make a great Captain.

20. issreliant

issreliant Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I think Jack Coleman (who plays Noah Bennet on Heroes) would make a excellent starship captain.