Dallas - Season 2

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jan 15, 2013.

1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

she could just be maimed and unable to talk. Then she could spend the season glaring at Ryland and he could be worried about her regaining her ability to talk and spilling the beans. Lots of story potential there.

was I the only one appalled at Bobby? one minute he's lecturing John Ross about how JR used losing the ranch as a justification for his terrible behaviour and now John Ross couldn't do that; then the next minute he's whoring John Ross out to get a business deal. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  2. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Easily explained. Protecting the family from outside forces is more palatable than fighting over Southfork, so the whoring's okay. :angel:

3. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

Like Bobby said, without J.R. around, they're all going to need to find their inner junkyard dog in order to hold Cliff and Harris at bay. Bobby and Christopher certainly found theirs this week.

4. Shilliam Watner

Shilliam Watner Commander

5. cardinal biggles

Yeah, I think I remember reading that a while back on the UltimateDallas.com fansite.

In ratings news, while the total number of viewers was back down from the spike for J.R.'s funeral, they managed to retain the all-important 18-49 demo pretty well. Hopefully that will help move TNT toward a renewal for Season 3.

6. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

7. cardinal biggles

I'll have to watch again. I didn't notice him, but did notice that Afton (Audrey Landers) is back next week.

8. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

^^^It was literally a split second, but I recognize Majors well enough to have said "Hey! That old guy looked like Steve Austin!"

9. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

I posted a link about that news story back in February in the this very thread

As for the episode:

Great show. Great cliffhanger. Great to see Gary, Valene and Lucy together even if briefly.

Really my only nit is that Katherine Wentworth, Pam and Cliff's sister, isn't dead. Bobby said she was, but I don't see how he'd know that given her exit during the original series. Katherine was killed during the dream season, so its entirely possible that's what the writers remembered, but it's also possible the Ewings learned of her passing in the interim between the series end and the reboot.

Other than that, it was great!

10. Borjis

Borjis Commodore Commodore

Judith Light had to leave the show for awhile to do some other work, but she wants to come back.

So Christopher has a soul patch now?

Looks goofy on him, like mud from running and forgot to wipe.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  11. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

12. doubleohfive

:rolleyes:

I was just pointing out that I had already shared the story because someone else had asked if it been posted here or not. Jeez.

13. cardinal biggles

14. doubleohfive

DAMN YOU Biggles, for using my own thread bomb against me! :lol:

15. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

If it's in a Dallas thread, I sure do. 005 knows more about the series than anyone else here, and is constantly sharing tidbits that I find fascinating, especially the connections with the original series that I had forgotten.

16. doubleohfive

17. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Audrey has aged beautifully.

18. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

A particularly (re: more than usual) cliché-heavy episode tonight (this makes TWO Pamela Barnes-Ewings who've miscarried), though I'm glad they're not dragging out the fact that the rig explosion was sabotage.... just the part about who sabotaged it.

19. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

The miscarriage actually got me feeling sorry for Pambecca.

I don't, however, feel sorry for Mama Ryland. It's her own fault for raising such an A-hole for a son.

Meanwhile, seems like Emma's gunning for the title of Miss SouthFork Slut, 2013.

And I'm glad Bobby's at peace with Annie again. I'm just sorry it took an exploding gas rig to make it happen.

BTW, apparently it took a couple of decades, but it seems Audrey Landers finally learned how to act.

20. cardinal biggles

I thought Audrey Landers did much better when she returned at the end of Season 12, but yeah, she was definitely better tonight than she was in the bulk of her appearances between Seasons 4-8.

I'm going to miss Judith Light. Mother Ryland was an absolutely heinous human being, but Light played her character to the hilt. At least they left her fate open-ended for a possible future return.