Star Trek Themed Hockey Goalie Masks

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by synesthete, Jul 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. synesthete

synesthete Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hey, everyone! So a long time ago I had posted some pictures of my Voyager-themed goalie mask, and the pics weren't all that great. I just had a new Star Trek themed goalie mask painted, so I got great pics done of both masks.

Here's the new mask. It's based off the 2009 Star Trek movie, which I loved. Each side has the warping Enterprise, and I had the Starfleet insignia ghosted all over the mask. The fonts are also in the 2009 Star Trek styling. Also, check out the custom Star Trek stitching in the chin sling (where my chin goes in the inside of the mask).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yes, those are my kids' names, and, yes, one of them is named Trek. He is awesome. (Funny enough, he was born on Star Wars day, so his name is also a big F-U to Star Wars.)

And here's the old mask. I still have it, but no longer use it. Was thinking of using it for "away" games, but I'm not sure yet.

This one is Star Trek Voyager themed. One side has the beginning of Voyager, with it approaching the Caretaker's array. The top also has the theme song's portion where it's traveling through a nebula. The other side of the mask has its ending, when it's being chased by a Borg sphere. The name is done in the Voyager font, and the back has several other portions or references to Voyager and its episodes.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you all enjoy!

Ensign B likes this.
  2. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ooh, me likey those. Would love it if an NHL'er wore them.

3. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If Paramount still owned the Rangers, it might've happened before this point.

4. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Those are pretty sharp. Well done.

5. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Nice! You wouldn't happen to have any pics of you wearing either of these during a game, would you?

6. synesthete

Thanks, all! I don't yet have any hi-res photos of me in it, but the season should be starting up soon and should be able to get some nice pics. I'll update it when I get a few!

Ensign B likes this.
  7. NebulaClassGuy

NebulaClassGuy Lieutenant Commander

Wow... I really love the VOY one!

8. synesthete

Thanks! Hoping to get some game pics/video soon. I do have some video but you can't see the mask well enough to post it up here. New season is starting soon, so hopefully new pics are upcoming! :)

Ensign B likes this.
  9. Ensign B

Ensign B Cadet Newbie

I'm really late to this thread (11 years late) but I've scoured the internet looking for Star Trek themed goalie masks. And I couldn't find a single one! So I thought to look up Star Wars goalie masks instead since often people get them confused. And sure enough someone on Pinterest had a photo of the Voyager mask! Which I tracked down to this thread... except all those photos originally posted are gone! I'm hoping to find some inspiration as I have contracted a painter to paint my goalie mask.

10. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Hey @Ensign B! Welcome to the board! Unfortunately synesthete seems to have stopped posting two years after creating this thread ten years ago. I had a look at the original post and even searched on archive.org for an archived version of this thread, but had no luck. It really seems like these images have disappeared from the internet for good. I hope you'll be able to still find some inspiration for your goalie mask, maybe even elsewhere here on the board.

As synesthete won't likely be seeing this, I'm just going ahead and close the thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.