Predict who will be cast as the 12th Doctor

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Candlelight, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

You'll win a chocolate fish if you get it right. Somehow.

I'm gonna go research and come back with a few names.

I don't think Benedict should/will get it. Already too big in demand for movies.

2. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

I've seen Benedict too much now and I'm sick of him. It will probably be Daniels or Mangan. Moffat probably doesn't know who Alexander Siddig is, so even though he's my favorite it won't happen).

3. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Emma Watson! (of course not, but I'd love to see how people would react)

4. sttngfan1701d

sttngfan1701d Commodore Commodore

I already have one crush on the show. Don't make me have two!:p

5. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I think a Parker Posey or Elisa Donovan type would be cool for a Female Doctor.

If a male, I'd like to see a McCoy sort of manipulative and on a quest to resolve some old thing type Doctor (Not going to make real predictions, as I don't know small British Actors well)

6. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I highly doubt that anyone in this thread will correctly guess who will be The Twelfth Doctor. More than likely it'll be someone most of us haven't heard of.

That being said, my wish list is Idris Elba, Ben Daniels, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Alexander Siddig, or, for old time's sake, Eddie Izzard.

7. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can it be me? I've always wanted to play the Doctor. But they keep picking all of these professional actors over me. :(

8. Flibble

Flibble Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm going to go with Damian Molony (Hal from Being Human).

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  9. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sacha Baron Cohen

10. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I think he'd make a great Doctor. He nailed the "old soul in a young body" thing in Being Human.

11. Deckerd

Deckerd Fleet Arse Premium Member

We could really be doing with an Irish Doctor this time round. I don't think a woman will be cast simply because the interaction with the Doctor's wife would be too male fantasy orientated. Having the Victorian lesbian couple as occasional guests is about the best a mainstream BBC family show will go for.

12. BoxWhatBox

BoxWhatBox Commander Red Shirt

I would love to see any of the following: Paul Bettany, Tom Wilkinson, Hugh Laurie, Stephen Fry, or Julie Andrews. I really don't want to see another 20 something in the role.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Not Cumberbatch (though I actually think he could play it very differently to how he plays Sherlock, but he’s too well known now) and not Elba (love him to bits but don’t think he’s Doctor material). I haven’t seen enough of Ben Daniels to make a judgement, though I do at least know who he is now!

Alexander Siddig. I think he’d be fantastic, he manages to be quintessentially English whilst also embracing his heritage. At 47 he might be a shade too old, but (despite what Garak said) he still retains his boyish charm, and it would be nice to see a suave Doctor again, certainly he’d be very different from 9, 10 and 11, which is ideally what we need. He’s a good enough actor to play the light and dark of the character, and I could see him being both playful and manipulative, plus I think it’d be funny if the Doctor had a beard rather than the Master this time :p

Paterson Joseph. For the same reason EMH picked Eddie Izzard, nostalgia for a man who could have made a great Doctor in the mid-nineties…if the show had still been running.

Bradley James. Yup not Merlin, Arthur! Actually he’d be more my pick for the 13th Doctor rather than the 12th because I think he needs to be older, but I think he could be a very good, Davison style Doctor.

Ian Glenn. Would be amazing, but sadly he’s probably too old (though saying that he isn’t that much older than Siddig or Ben Daniels.

Robert Glenister. That’s right, not Gene Hunt, Gene Hunt’s brother, because frankly he’s a far better actor than his brother. Again probably too old now, but it would be funny if Salateen from Androzani turned up decades later as the Doctor…

I like Adrian Lester, but actually I think he’d make a better Master, and the other name that always crops up is Chiwetel Ejiofor, who I’m kinda conflicted over. I’ve seen him in some very good roles, but I’ve also seen him in some bland roles. He is a good actor, and well known, without being so well known/so good that he’s going to fly off to Hollywood after a few years.

If they go with a woman

Nicola Walker has always been my preferred choice, plays the part of a scatty old lady in a young body to a tee in Spooks (especially her early seasons.) but I’d now lean towards Olivia Colman. Feted by BAFTA just a few weeks ago with awards for both her comedy and drama roles she’s a fine, multi-talented actress who could be scatty and wacky one minute, but have you firmly believing she’s going to throw you out of an airlock (without a suit) the next

Of course in all likelihood the next Doctor will be someone I’ve never heard of ;)

14. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I can predict with some confidence that the next Doctor will be someone not named in this thread.

15. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

Daniel Craig.

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Don't be silly, the Doctor can't be blonde!

17. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Of course, whatever we want, we know the next Doctor will pretty much be a thirty-something white guy.

18. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

i'm hoping somehow due to wacky timeyness, the next doctor ends up being john hurt. think how cool it'd be to have him for a whole series.

otherwise i reckon damien lewis would nail it, though he's probably too busy playing the worlds only ginger al-qaeda member

and for super unlikely longshot, i pick bradley walsh.

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Hmm, couple of new names in the frame (the media are likely just chucking every actor with a pulse out there) Rory Kinnear, who I think would be excellent, and Harry Lloyd who can certainly do quirky (he's the possesed schoolboy in Human Nature/Family of Blood) but might be a bit too young to distinguish him from Smith.

20. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Richard Madden is free now, it seems. Get 'em while they're young!

Mark