The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

a better question than michonne getting on and off the roof is how did she get in and out of the restaurant so fast? :lol:

2. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

She's a ninja. :p

3. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: "CLEAR" SUCKED

As noted yesterday, they may not trust the idea of picking up a person they do not know. He could be infected, a killer, or a plant by the governor--or any other group of violent bandits roaming the land (ex. season two's bar fight).

A crib was not the only reason for the trip. If you recall, in the previous episode, the group discussed how low they were on ammunition, food, etc. Rick specifically returned to his former police station in the hope of finding weapons, so they had to go beyond the daycare center.

Probably is not a guarantee. After the attacks, the governor is training average citizens, so its not like he has spare men to scout the entire territory.

We do not see every second spent in the station, but we Michonne was searching to some degree, since she found the lone bullet.

No, it does not indicate he was carrying food. The likely answer is that he's nomadic, so if he catches something to eat, he would need a skillet to cook the food, instead of shoving a stick through it over a fire like some scene from a western movie.

More mouths to feed. Yes, we watched Carl and T-Dog carry bags of food, but how long will that last with so many people?

All killings are not equal. On the bad side:

• Shane wanted to kill his best friend in order to pusue his twisted lust in Lori, and killed the prisoner to set that in motion. Let's not forget Otis.
    • The Governor is psychotic, having people beheaded and plopped in aquariums for who knows what sick reason, kills the soldiers, which was not an act of self defense, and wanted to murder Michonne for as weak a motivation.
    • Merle is a violent racist...who needs to explain anything he does up to this point?
    On the justified side:

• Maggie shot the girl because she was armed, and to Maggie, she was another Woodbury threat. You--the audience member may see her as a "teenage girl," but she was one of the gaurds--or placed herself in that situation. Notice how Maggie and Rick did not shoot unarmed people.
    • Rick kills for self defense, not malicious intent. The Woodbury victims need no explanation, and Tomas the prison idiot tried to murder Rick, so again, that was self defense.
    They had two large bags.

What was in the white plastic bags? Do you know it was not formula? we did not see what was placed in the bags, so who knows. Clearly, it was something desired.

Morgan's wall maps indicated several homes were destroyed. Additionally, searching abandoned homes is dangerous. Recall what happened when Andrea & Shane scouted a neighborhood.

This is the Walking Dead, not Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. It was minor oversight--if it counts as an oversight.

Traps do not necessarily mean the person setting it is crazy. If someone is trying to clean an area of walkers, is is easier to draw them to the traps, rather than risk danger prowling around the ruins of a city.

He could have crossed through the woods from somewhere else. Why is that not a consideration?

I took that as Morgan needing replacements (especially if the local retailers were looted long ago). Shoes wear out. Go figure.

She has developed skills over time. She is intelligent. When on the move, she's fast. No surprises.

With the governor now being a threat, they cannot be so free and easy with their movements/appearances outside.

He's emotionally rattled. He was venting.

Do you think Morgan...or just about anyone else would miss that cop walker's corpse after so much time had passed?

Rick knew about the bars in the neighborhood he lived in, and said he signed the gun permit for the owners. . There would be no reason for Rick to know--or even assume as much about the bar near Herschel's farm.

Maybe its called avoiding a cliche?

Do you think former cops would not take every weapon in their possession when beating a path out of town?

Then, there's that business of searching abandoned neighborhoods.

...then why bring that up? They did not have a ton of free time with hungry people and the governor's killers lurking.

4. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm curious. Were you this nitpicky with Star Trek? Because there were as many if not more plot holes throughout the TV series and films.

5. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

they might have gone looking house to house for guns, if it weren't for the fact they found an arsenal 2 minutes after leaving the police station.

and why are people so hung up on looking for a crib. Carl was LYING. He wasn't looking for a crib at all he was going for the picture. They just picked up the playpen on the way back. Which is a way better option for them anyway.

6. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I still want to hear why it's so vital to explain them and why laughing them off is a problem.

7. DarthTom

I agree with you that laughing off or ignoring minor plot holes on a a tv show is the best thing to do if one is going to enjoy the series.

However, when I suspend my disbelief for a sci-fi or fantasy tv show I do expect the writers to try to remain as consistent as possible within the framework established.

8. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh, so do I. But the other poster sounds accusatory toward us.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

My only real nitpicks with the reality of the show are the vehicles. With show room floors full of choices, we see a crappy Hyundai that gets stuck in 2 inches of mud, a 30 year old Winnebago, and an old gmc suburban (which is actually not a bad choice, simple and rugged). You'd think one of the first things they would have done is secure better transport.

Also, let's hope Rick learned some things from Morgan's setup there. Anti-zombie contraptions placed around outside the prison fences would help a lot.

10. DarthTom

Exactly. In fact, why not take a Hummer. Obviously the ad tie into Hynduai dictated their choices of vehicles and Hyndai was obviously trying to promote that car.

11. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

^^ Gas... A car on a showroom floor has little to no gas in it for safety reasons... A car plucked randomly by the roadside probably has a good bit more gas, or at least it's around cars that can be siphoned..

One hopes that if Hyundai is a sponsor, they weren't too upset about their crossover vehicle having trouble with a little mud.. LOL...

12. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hallelujah! Thank you for injecting some reason

13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow, this was a great episode. I'm a huge Lennie James fan after seeing him in Jericho, so I'm disappointed he won't be sticking around. That's really my only issue with the episode though.

14. Servo

Servo Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He's still alive, isn't he? I wouldn't be surprised if he shows up again at some point.

15. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

I could definitely see him coming back but I could also see them leaving him as an example of how people are suffering outside of just Rick's group.

16. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Won't this be what you'll have to do, I mean if you keep watching a show with this many gaping plot holes? If I saw that many, I'd probably bail.

17. Urgent Sky

Urgent Sky Commodore Commodore

Great episode. I had always wondered what had happened to that guy. I'm glad they tied up that loose end.

Sad that he didn't go with them, though.

It was also nice to take a break from all the Woodbury stuff. It feels tedious sometimes. But next week's episode looks like it'll be good.

18. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: "CLEAR" SUCKED

Agreed. They're not responsible for the life of every survivor they come across. And considering the coming war with the Governor, they were probably doing him a favor by not bringing him into their group.

The fact he was screaming his head off like an idiot, and attracting every zombie for miles, probably didn't help either.

19. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw it as one of those little character moments that lets us know where these people are at this point in this struggle. Interestingly we were shown Carl as the only occupant of the car who looked back at the guy. I imagine what we were being told was that because of his young age, Carl had managed to hold onto a bit more of his humanity than Rick and Michonne. Still though, we see young Carl attempt to put a bullet through a stranger later in the episode, not to mention all the other stuff we've seen him do

The thought of stopping and picking the guy up did not appear to have even crossed Rick and Michonne'sr minds. It was an even more interesting scene when contrasted with where poor Morgan was at the same time.

Agree. I was thinking at the time that this is a masterful performance. He went from total lunacy to normal with bursts of lunacy scattered throghout his speech. After he finished I had no trouble understanding this guy totally. The actor deserves some Emmy consideration for those scenes, IMO.

Spoiler speculation (I know nothing): per haps we will see Morgan again in a Han Solo type scene during the battle with the Govenor's group.

I agree with all re: Carl and Rick and Michonne. Very nice stuff. Rick could really do worse than keeping her with them. She is brave, resourceful and smart, and experienced.

One last, re: the reason Michonne traveled with the walkers on a leash. I saw this further upthread. I thought the reason stated was that they kept other walkers way from her by masking her scent. No?

20. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Even if you're just being facetious...I can come up with a plausible answer (which is all anyone can do):

Some times Andrew Lincoln ties his own shoes, some times they're tied for him as he's sitting in the make up chair.

Has nothing to do with the story, but would explain the knots.