Season 3

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by EnriqueH, Aug 12, 2014.

1. EnriqueH

EnriqueH Commodore Commodore

I liked the guy who played "J'onn" in Star Trek V as Morgan Earp.

Rex Holman did a great job. Two totally different characters. Makes you wonder about his other acting roles.

I mean, the entire Earp gang was well played.

2. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Yes but why?

I know she's amazingly hot but is that what Spock's about?

Does he want a shallow princess? And then he goes blabbing to her about sex. I just hope he was trying to get rid of her;)

3. OkLewis

OkLewis Ensign Newbie

I enjoyed Season 3, didn't watch many episodes but enjoyed anyway.
    I prefer Season 2 of TOS though.

4. EnriqueH

His human side...

5. AtoZ

AtoZ Commander Red Shirt

If there is one strong point in Spectre, it is how the mood and tone is greatly influenced by the beautiful lighting. In fact, Star Trek TOS had that one artistic quality above everybody else in my books. The use of various colors and lighting. Spectre had that in spades.

6. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Well T'Pring has left him a year or so earlier. Maybe it took a while to remember his needs.

7. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Nimoy is so subtle, maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there, but when Plasus introduces his daughter as a "work of art" and Spock responds that he's never met a work of art before, I think he was interested. Also, Droxy may have seem shallow, but apparently she was schooled in various art forms, like painting. It's hard to make blanket statements, but it seemed like Vulcans' had a high appreciation of art forms, so a beautiful artist may very well appeal to a Vulcan's tastes.

Also Spock is thinking this line: If the lovely Droxine knew of the young miner's misery, I wonder how the knowledge would affect her. He's thinking she's lovely.

Another quote.
    SPOCK: Extreme feminine beauty is always disturbing, madam.

That's what I'm basing my previous comment on.

Maybe Spock would have like to keep her in his home on Vulcan, filing it with artwork so it's nice when he comes home on leave.

8. EnriqueH

Nimoy *IS* subtle.

He's a big reason why watching the series all the way through (and in production order) was so rewarding.

You can get to see Spock evolve and you get to see these cool, little character traits.

My favorite example was in "Tomorrow Is Yesterday" after the big fight at the station, Spock sort of stands straight as if an idea came to him and he moves into the next room, obviously anticipating that Captain Christopher, being armed, will make a move against them. I had to rewind it to really catch it and make sure I saw what I saw.

LOVE IT!

9. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Since it's come up, one of my favorite Nimoy subtle-isms is in the Changeling. When they're in the room with the map of Earth's system, and Nomad asks Kirk if his usage of the term 'creator' for him is correct, Spock cuts in with "The usage is correct. The creator was simply testing your memory banks." Nomad say "There was much damage in the accident.", then Nimoy makes a little head gesture which signals to Kirk he wants to speak with him away from Nomad.

10. Terran_Empire

Terran_Empire Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I found the dialogue between Spock and Garth in Whom Gods Destroy to be so thoroughly enjoyable. The way Garth snaps and orders Spock away mid-speech was also a nice touch.

11. EnriqueH

I'm not sure if it was Nimoy improvising or direction given to him, but I always liked the way Spock deflected Kirk's hands in TMP when Kirk reached out to touch the wiring, so he wouldn't burn them, "The circuits have been burnt out!" "Yes, Captain, just now." or something to that effect.

12. LMFAOschwarz

Heck, after all these years, I still can't figure out just what it is exactly about his portrayal of mirror-Spock that makes him a different character from the norm. :wtf:

13. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

You never noticed the beard?!

14. LMFAOschwarz

No, I hadn't! Silly me! :brickwall:

:lol:

15. Ara

Ara Cadet Newbie

This episode introduced the Federation rule that women could not captain a starship.

16. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No, it did not.

17. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

As spoken by a crazy woman that murdered her whole staff as a distraction.

18. Ithekro

Ithekro Vice Admiral Admiral

Going by the TOS/TAS logic, the chain of command on USS Enterprise is:
    Kirk
    Spock
    Scott
    Sulu
    Uhura

19. Indysolo

Indysolo Commodore Commodore

The Janice Lester line was discussed here last year. It is open to interpretation. I like to believe that Janice Lester feels Kirk didn't have room in his life for his career and a relationship.

Neil

20. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

No....not another Janice Lester thread....Please, I can't take any more!!!