Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

393 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. Captain Shade

Captain Shade Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

And we're pleased to have been found. Welcome to the forums, krash!

2. krash661

krash661 Ensign Newbie

thanks. i have found fan sites, but not like this.

3. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Hello krash :)

4. JohnShepard

JohnShepard Cadet Newbie

Just wanted to stop by and leave some hailings.

I'm new here and actually wanted to ask about a certain episode I can't remember the name of. Is there anywhere I can put my question?

Anyways, I'm glad to be here. :)

5. Captain Shade

6. JohnShepard

JohnShepard Cadet Newbie

Thank you, it was long journey but now I'm here. I needed to leave my Jumper behind on a planet called... Risa... or someting? Pretty nice place, but I need to warn the Federation that the Wraith are coming. :eek:

As for my question – well, that's another problem. I don't know exactly which series it was. I think it was TNG. Can I just open a new thread?

7. Tcsfan

Tcsfan Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow it's been a long time since I been on here

I'm glad to be back, I nearly forgot about this place. And I am g thing very sentimental right now (I know I'm lame) i am looking forward to talking to more Trekkies like me

8. mvhufs

mvhufs Cadet Newbie

Greetings! I am an old timer and went to 2 conventions. The first was 1983 (I think) , can't remember where - maybe Chicago or Detroit. It was the first convention where, post series, that all the original stars were present. I have about a dozen or so great color slides of them on stage. There was buzz at that convention about a possible movie or the series coming back. If someone knows where that was I would appreciate knowing. I was able to meet Gene Roddenberry twice and sit down for interviews both times. I still have his business card kicking around somewhere. I also have a Sega Star Trek arcade game pin they were handing out as a promotional item. I looked everywhere I could on the internet and could not find any info or images even about this pin. It's almost retirement time and I'd like to let this pin go so I listed it on ebay yesterday. If you or someone you know is interested just go to ebay and type in SEGA Star Trek pin. Again I'd like to have my memory jogged about where that convention was. I am usually good at finding things on the internet but could not find this convention listed. Thanks.

9. Sidewinder

Sidewinder Commander Red Shirt

I'm a 31 year old bartender, long time Trek fan, I grew up on TNG, switched to DS9 and realized I liked that show even better.

Voyager is one I also liked and my dad and I have seen plenty of TOS.

I haven't watched much lately, busy with newer shows, but I like to take in an episode every once in awhile.

10. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Hello new people :) Hope you're all well and enjoying TrekBBS

11. Windcharger

Windcharger Ensign Red Shirt

I found this site a few days ago and even though I have only got a few posts in I have enjoyed my time spent here. I am a long time Star Trek fan, I even had Star Trek footy pajamas as a kid. After watching the adventurers of Kirk and crew I was hooked.

12. JD5000

JD5000 Captain Captain

I bet you still have them and would wear them if you could.

Welcome!

13. Windcharger

Windcharger Ensign Red Shirt

Sorry, I have not seen them since 1980. :)

14. FrankT

FrankT Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Greetings and felicitations! I've been a Trekker for as long as I can remember, having seen a fair share of all the series. Right now I'm watching through all of the original series (with the original effects), and it makes for fascinating viewing! I'll swing by from time to time if I can, based on what might catch my eye at the moment.

15. Captain Shade

Welcome to one and all. Glad you you could all make it!

16. terok9

terok9 Ensign Red Shirt

Hi, folks! I'm a biologist in her late 30s who loves DS9, TOS, and TNG. Just started watching Voyager and am fast becoming a fan.

Over the last few years, I've started attending conventions again with an old friend and have been delighted to see how many people are still excited about Trek. I decided to try hanging out here to connect with more of you. I look forward to chatting. :)

17. Captain Shade

Greetings, m'lady. Good to have you join us. We all love Trek, here...In on form or another. I, personally, like 'em all (TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, Voy, Ent, and even Nu).

18. TPT

TPT Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello

I just joined the forum. Thank you for letting me participate. Though every Star Trek show/movie has its strength and appeal, I am particularly fond of TNG and DS9.

19. Captain Shade

We're glad that you wanted to participate, with us. Welcome!

20. CaptNicholotti

CaptNicholotti Cadet Newbie

Greetings all! I found this forum via a friend in a PBeM Trek game I play and with so much going on, I found myself easily lost in the threads just reading. Im 32, but I've been into Trek since I was 6 or 7, when my step dad used to take me to the convention circuit in Orlando FL. It's not quite the same anymore, but Im looking into attending another convention soon... =)

Anyways, looking forward to jumping in here.