Still no covers for Cold Equations??

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Mage, Aug 11, 2012.

1. ronny

ronny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The image is actually from a vision of Soong that Data has in a dream. http://de.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Noonien_Soong

Yeah, I know the page is in German. :) The English version doesn't have that image from birthright.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Yes, but the dream Soong was presumably programmed into Data by the real, younger Soong when he built Data. I took it as basically a playback of a recorded message. Although now that I think about their relative ages, I think Soong would've been somewhere around 60 at the time he built Data, so I guess he must've programmed in a younger image of himself, no doubt out of the same vanity that led him to make his androids look like him (and, again, like his younger self).

3. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Maybe it's Bob Wheeler in a TNG crossover with "Night Court"?
    http://youtu.be/jrLvtoKZfxY

Soong probably made that Jell-O mold (seen in "Datalore") early in his career.

4. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

5. Mike Winters

Mike Winters Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

It looks like Geordi is trying to see what is behind Picard's ear...

6. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

Did Geordi take a bigger demotion than I thought? I know he gave up the rank of Captain, but didn't he just go down to commander? Or this is an error on Pocket's behalf?

7. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

Seems like it is an error, since this is most likely a photo from one of the films being used

8. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

^Seems like a weird thing to screw up. Hopefully they caught it before the book went to print/goes to print..

9. Warp Coil

Warp Coil Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While there's nothing particularly groundbreaking or different about the cover art, I like it. Looking forward to seeing the artwork for the third book (which I'm guessing will feature Worf on the cover... I'd be really surprised if a treklit-only character like Choudhury popped up on a U.S. cover design since it rarely happens).

10. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Well with Dr. Soong, I was actually thinking of his appearance in the Season 7 episode where we met Data's "mother", and he had programmed a FAQ disc in the event that it was discovered that Data's mother wasn't human.

11. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really looking forward to this next batch of novels, starting w/ Brinkmanship this month. The covers aren't too bad. They're [looks at the covers], they're [looks again], they are green.

12. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Well, it's too bad that we couldn't get even one cover a year that wasn't Photoshopped or done on computer, but was an actual painted cover, kind of like how TNG covers were done in the early 90's. Plus I remember that several of those covers had the main characters plus a character or two from the story (such as Eye Of The Beholder).

13. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

You are correct:

http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/book_images/cvr9781451650747_9781451650747_hr.jpg

And, as a triptych, it looks like this:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
  14. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All three together now, and I can really dig it!!!

15. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Why's Geordi staring at Picard's ear like that?:lol:

16. Darth Duck

Darth Duck Commodore Commodore

All men.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It would look a lot better if the colors lined up on the first two. Other than that I like it.

18. shanejayell

shanejayell Captain Captain

I'd have liked two figues on the third cover for balance. Cloudbury, maybe, or the science officer or someone....

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

20. Tirius

Tirius Captain Captain

Beverly would have been the obvious choice, if they're going for an all-canon look. I'm not that impressed with these covers, but perhaps they'll look better in printed form...