Live-Action Batman Series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by tomswift2002, Sep 30, 2014.

?

What show is your favorite?

1. Batman (1966)

92.3%
  2. Birds Of Prey (2002)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Gotham (2014)

7.7%
  1. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

With Gotham just starting, I was wondering how people think it is stacking up next to the 1960's Batman and the 2002 Birds of Prey series?

But thinking of the three, for me, I find that it is almost hard to compare the 1960's Batman to BOP or Gotham, even though I've only seen the 1960's movie. The 60's series was such a comedic, campy on the character, it's almost like trying to compare Star Trek to As The World Turns. One's a science-fiction show, the others a soap opera.

2. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's impossible to compare shows that are over with a show that's just starting.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
  3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, two weeks in is way too early to assess a show's merits.

Besides, only one of the three listed "Batman series" was actually about Batman. So it's not really a fair comparison in that sense either.

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Just to be unfair and impossible, I chose Batman. Mostly because it's the only one that's primarily about Batman.

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Well, at this point, there's no contest. Birds of Prey was deeply flawed, and Gotham hasn't been around long enough to prove itself.

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going to expand the question parameters to "live-action shows about masked vigilantes" and declare that there are three valid answers: Disney's 1950s Zorro, the 60s Batman, and the current Arrow. Only selections from these three progams will be considered valid opinions.

Thank you for your cooperation, and have a righteously vengeful day.

7. Takeru

Takeru Space Police Commodore

I picked "Batman" based on the fact that it's the only choice that's actually a Batman show.

If you ask about the best love action show set in Gotham I still pick Batman, it was a good show, Birds of Prey was only okay and Gotham has barely started and what I've seen doesn't look appealing.

8. tomswift2002

tomswift2002 Commodore Commodore

Obviously its been 3 years since Gotham started, and Season 4 has just started airing, but I'm only on Season 2.

Gotham, I'm finding, I prefer to watch more on DVD than on broadcast, since with the way the storylines are, it is very serialized, even more serialized than the 1940's Theatrical Serials. Seasons 1 & 2 I started to watch on broadcast, but then by the time the series stopped for the Christmas break in November of both years, I kind of moved on to other shows and films and never picked up in November. Not to mention that I had missed a few episodes in both seasons, and unlike the old days where stations would replay previous episodes, none of the stations airing Gotham replayed the old episodes between November and February. At least with DVD, I can just buy all the episodes and then watch them when I want to.