E3 2013 Discussion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheGodBen, Jun 10, 2013.

1. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

The new Mario 3d and Mario Kart look awesome!

I also just caught the Dragon Age 3 Trailer. Morrigan, woo! I just wish that guy at the end was the Warden, back to play. It wont be, but hell, I'd pay more for the game if it was.

2. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Throw in Simon Belmont and I guarantee a day one purchase from me.

3. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

How about the Wii Fit Trainer? Cos that's who they announced this evening.
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBoL1Ic9uWw[/yt]

4. Kelthaz

Week one purchase, but not day one.

5. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

That's pretty much how I feel as well. The price has to come down on the Wii U before I get it. As for Nintendo Direct, didn't mind what they showed in it. Wasn't too bad in my opinion. As for the PS4, can't wait to get that some day. But for now, I'll stick with getting a PS3.

6. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah the Wii U needs to drop in price with Sony at $400. Target has the Wii (reg) for $100 with Skylander. I rather buy that then a Wii U.

I really want 3DS, but when I played it in stores 14 months ago it gave me a headache.

8. Bob The Skutter

Just turn off the 3D, Everyone else does

Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  9. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Haha, yeah, I haven't used 3d since the first few weeks.

10. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

That was awesome.

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Anyone watching the Battlefield 4 live stream at the moment?

12. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

The Mad Max game will be done by the guys behind Just Cause 1 & 2?!?
    Ok, i'm optimistic...

13. Kelthaz

David Wong at Cracked explains the 5 Things Every Game Company Gets Wrong About Gamers. It's a response to both Sony's and Microsoft's events at E3.

I loved this part. I was thinking the same thing when the game was shown. RPG? FPS? Shmup? Tetris-clone? There is absolutely no information on the actual gameplay.

14. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

Went to the first two days of e3, skipped day 3. Kinect was impressive and they had a whole fake living room to demo it Sony is pimping the shit out of their indy games and probably had the highest number of games to try. Aside from that both booths were ok. The Nintendo booth was kind of sad. Aside from the lines for the new mario kart and a couple of other games, the only people trying out Wii-U were company reps. All three Wii-U games I tried, The disney one (looks really cool for kids), Scribblenauts Unlimited (really fun), and some Sonic game (meh) had no one on them but the rep. So when you walk by it looks like there's someone at every station, but then if they notice you watching they demo the game for you. So basically they're asked to play the game when no one is on so it doesn't look so sad. When I went to try the Wario game the Nintendo rep was sitting there swiping at a blank screen just to look active. I ended up deciding not to disturb him. What's extra sad is that the Nintendo booth probably had the lowest total of games of the big three. A Majority of their floor was covered with statues for photo ops, a game show in the center and an empty area for a dance central demo team.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Super Mario 3D World looks fun! Reminds me of Mario 64.

16. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I know the Wii-U does not have a lot of games, but i have found i actually play the Wii-U games i have to the end before i start the next one, and draining every drop of enjoyment out of them, i have only really done that with a few games over these many years on the other two consoles, Infamous/ LBP/Crackdown/Prince of Persia.

I don't know if its the lack of games that makes you do it, or that i simply like the gamerpad, and the motion contollers, or is it the game are actually fun to play rather than feeling obliged to play them because you spent money on them, as i have felt with a lot of the ps3/360 games.

Or maybe i am simply becoming a lot more of a casual gamer, i don know, cant really put my finger on it, maybe less is indeed more.

17. Bob The Skutter

I would never call myself a hardcore gamer. I don't care about getting platinums or 1000g scores. I don't replay games on the hardest settings. I game for entertainment, fun, not the challenge or the achievements. But I still have all the consoles and do a little PC gaming because I enjoy playing all sorts of different games. But Nintendo's philosophy of doing games you enjoy playing and going back to is the right one for me, I'd take that over Microsoft's "Throw $200m at it and make generic action shooter 3."

18. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

Size comparison:

[​IMG]

19. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

That's my problem with the PS3 and 360, I feel that they are just consoles to shoot things. Sure there is a random other game (And sports games, but I rather just play the sport) but how many times can I shoot something and not get bored by it.

20. Bob The Skutter

I know someone, well friend of a friend, who bought Gears of War. Played it every day 3 hours a day for 3 years. Continues playing it even after the second one had been out for months. Just the same Horde mode on Multiplayer, same map too if he could get away with it. Simply could not get my head around that.