What Internet Browser Do You Use?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Brent, Jun 3, 2009.

?

What Internet Browser do you use?

1. IE7

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. IE8

7 vote(s)
    4.4%
  3. FireFox

110 vote(s)
    69.6%
  4. Safari

11 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. Opera

5 vote(s)
    3.2%
  6. Chrome

10 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Other (Specify)

8 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Firefox

2. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Firefox.

I've grown fond of/used to the extensions.

3. ria 75

ria 75 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

My garden, on the other side of the frog pond
    Thank you. :)
    Although the attempts I've made (provided I force a font and size on all web pages instead of allowing their custom size and font) are not helping that much. Buttons are still slightly blurred.
    Edit: Silly me, I hadn't tried the right function of the zoom. "text only"! So simple. Problem solved.

4. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been toying around with some of the other browsers because of this thread, but I think I am returning to Firefox. I just got extremely used to the layout in its simplicity and its thoroughness. I couldn't stand the look and feel of IE8. Opera seems a little too unnecessarily complex. I tend to prefer simplicity in my browsers, I hide most of the toolbars I don't need. I'll probably use Chrome as a speedy backup and maybe I'll play with Safari down the road. I did re-install my FF though. I need to really work with it in adding the extensions or it will continue taking my CPU to the limit.

5. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Another happy Opera user here. I'm looking forward to Opera 10. :D

6. Similitude

Similitude Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I used to love Firefox, but I don't know recently Its started to move slower and slower on every computer I've used it on. Chrome is just so much faster.

Safari 4.0 Beta looks gorgeous, but was also slow as snails compared to Chrome.

7. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Weird. I haven't had any crashes or freezes of Firefox since 3.0. In fact, I've had a Firefox window open continuously for weeks a a time and I haven't experienced either crashes or memory leaks since then.

8. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Neither did I up until recently. A few others upthread have said similar things too.

To be fair, after trying Maxthon (earlier post), I'm back to FF and it's running fine right now, so no complaints. I think it has something to do with certain ads on certain sites, a Flash issue or something (am using latest player).

But right now, it's cruisin'.

Mind you, I agree with J, FF v0.89 was the best :)

9. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Firefox, but I accidentally clicked other.

10. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Firefox.
    I'm a Beta tester but never experience the problems others seem to have. The only site making problems is Trekcore. Somehow, FF doesn't want to display many of the pictures there. I use Opera for that site.

11. felyxz

felyxz Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Firefox is the way to go. Actually. almost any browser is better then what Microsoft is putting out.

12. The Boy Who Cried Worf

The Boy Who Cried Worf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How is it that every single person I know uses FF, two-thirds of the people here use FF, but FF still has less than a quarter of the market? Do you think the vast majority of people just never bother with anything that isn't on the computer originally, and on average were just a little more comp literate here?

13. Count Zero

Definetely. You wouldn't believe how computer illiterate most people are...

14. Australis

Actually, my kids (19 & 22), who fancy themselves as techies, use IE and won't touch FF. Maybe because I use & recommend it (and Dads are so uncool) or because it's flavour of the month/year/whatever.

15. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Firefox when browsing for myself. I have lots of add-ons and perhaps that's what adds to the excruciatingly slow load time. Otherwise I love it.

At work I have to test our app on IE7, FF, Safari and Opera. I didn't like Chrome and suggested we don't support it since it has a small share and really messes up when using CSS.

16. DanTheGrey

DanTheGrey Vice Admiral Admiral

Firefox is my default here at home, though I do have IE8 installed as well.

At work I'm using IE 7 on the Intranet, but use Firefox when I have to go on the web because I have it loaded up with security stuff.

And of course Safari is on the iTouch.

Of course I remember using Netscape v1.0 about 2 months after it came out, and even remember using Mosaic before that. The wild and wonderful days of mid-90's internet :D

17. Australis

Ah, yes, I used Netscape as well. It was all fine, then they came out with a version I found flat out unusuable, which memory says was v4.. Way too many bells and whistles, never ran smoothly, and so on.

18. Michael Chris

Michael Chris Admiral Admiral

Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.

19. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Whoa whoa whoa, hi there :)

Ok, I tried out Opera 10 Beta for a week, and now I'm trying out FF Beta. So far, I like the visual style of Opera better, but I like all the plugins for FF and the fact there is a plugin that works the tabs just like I want them. So, for functionality, I think I am leaning toward making FF my default browser. The 3.5 Beta 4 is pretty solid, can't wait until it is final build. I'll also get final build of Opera 10 too, just to check it out again.

20. Count Zero

My sentiments exactly. Opera is fast and looks good. It also has elegant solutions to a lot of things right 'out-of-the-box'. But you can't really customise it the way you can with Firefox. The ideal browser would probably be a blend of the two...